Do you talk to other humans in public??

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I generally keep to myself as I’m fairly quiet, but I’ll talk if someone gives me something to talk about (though small talk makes my head hurt).

My dad is exactly the opposite. He will find something in common with absolutely anyone and will know more about them in twenty minutes than I would in 20 years.

I can be both of these things. I could sit in a pub watching a game or whatever and not say a word, or could get into a conversation with the person next to me that turns into a real deep conversation about what life is about.

Generally not a lot of dialogue with the general public. If I'm in a store, it's get in, get what I'm there for, get out, and I tend to keep most co-workers as just that.

Cloned

SuperFanatic T2
Oct 13, 2009
I wear headphones on planes, sometimes with nothing playing, so I don't have to talk to the person sitting next to me. Although there are some super talkers out there that are immune to my headphone kryptonite.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
In general I will chat with people in public the exceptions are airports and airplanes

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Cyclonepride's Dad and I might be related. I rarely meet a stranger. Some folks scare me but they are very few in number.
And KC makes three. :D

I'm sure it comes as absolutely no surprise to anyone that I'm an extrovert, and a friendly sort. My phone is almost never out in public (and rarely in private...I hate the damn thing). I'd much rather talk to people than put my glasses on and stare at a tiny little screen.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
And KC makes three. :D

I'm sure it comes as absolutely no surprise to anyone that I'm an extrovert, and a friendly sort. My phone is almost never out in public (and rarely in private...I hate the damn thing). I'd much rather talk to people than put my glasses on and stare at a tiny little screen.

You could get a phone with a bigger screen.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I think there is too much talking in America....we need more languages and barriers to people sharing a common bond.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I work from home so my in-person contact is limited. I do need to get out of the house every now and then but I prefer to avoid contact if I can, so I go to the library and work. People around, makes me feel like I'm a part of society, but talking is frowned upon. It's the best I've come up with.
I work from home too. We should hang out at the library together and not talk.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
For me it depends.

Bar, Cyclone games, any other social setting? Sure.

Running errands or working out I tend to keep to myself.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron