Do you talk to other humans in public??

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was getting some nice shout outs during ISU's run in October if I were wearing a shirt out....I'm gonna hold off on that for a couple of days so to not be asked how the basketball team is looking this year.

Gonna hold out longer if things go like I feel like they will in Waco.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
SN1D2rz.gif

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
For some odd reason, I always have people talk to me. I'm not especially friendly or approachable looking, but more often than not strangers strike up conversations with me.

And I am not a people person . . . :mad:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I will if approached but I am not one to just strike up a conversation with someone I don't know. I think you need to define out in public too. At a store I am not on my phone unless I am in a long line and bored, trying to figure out what all I was supposed to pick up or researching something.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I have to crack a joke or something to relax the atmosphere when in the company of strangers. A simple hello & a smile go a long ways; though some folks just want to be left alone and I recognize that as well. I promise not to bore anyone to death with stories about my family and other crap no one gives a **** about. I hate when a stranger does that to me.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I can be both of these things. I could sit in a pub watching a game or whatever and not say a word, or could get into a conversation with the person next to me that turns into a real deep conversation about what life is about.

Generally not a lot of dialogue with the general public. If I'm in a store, it's get in, get what I'm there for, get out, and I tend to keep most co-workers as just that.

I am exactly this, all the way down to keeping co-workers as co-workers. The depth of conversation at the pub is normally pretty linear with the amount of adult beverages consumed, although getting to the pub is pretty rare these days.

I will give a nod/hello/smile to almost anyone though.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I am exactly this. The depth of conversation at the pub is normally pretty linear with the amount of adult beverages consumed, although getting to the pub is pretty rare these days.

I will give a nod/hello/smile to almost anyone though.

If you're from Iowa this is automatic, and feels weird when people don't say hello back to you when you're at places that aren't Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
At the grocery store, even if the line is longer, I'll go to the self-checkout just so I don't have to talk to the checker.

To add to that, any lunch place that offers online ordering/quick pick up jumps to the top of my list.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
For some odd reason, I always have people talk to me. I'm not especially friendly or approachable looking, but more often than not strangers strike up conversations with me.

And I am not a people person . . . :mad:
This happens to me too. And I very rarely speak to a stranger.

Help Support Us

Become a patron