DISH NETWORK / channel 9/FSC/WTF

cardsandgold

Jan 9, 2011
Honolulu by birth...
I think I pretty much have had it with the DISH network... I can't take it anymore... did I do something wrong to deserve not getting the "right channel 9" KCRG for the Cyclone Network yesterday ????... I don't understand... and I have'nt had the Fox Sports Network since last October... I know now this is'nt probably the time to talk about an armed insurrection , but I am flat out ****** off... especially since I have to, and can only, tape the channel I am watching, can only watch the same channel on every TV in the house, and pay a **** load of money for things that don't come up CYCLONE anymore.... I have many other gripes too ... anybody have some other ideas or maybe thoughts on DIRECT TV... ????... I'm now almost at the "Have Guns, Will Travel" mantra to DISH network headquarters.... please lower my blood pressure and keep me out of prison Cyclone fans....

SIGNED,

P.O.'ed CYCLONE:realmad:

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I think I pretty much have had it with the DISH network... I can't take it anymore... did I do something wrong to deserve not getting the "right channel 9" KCRG for the Cyclone Network yesterday ????... I don't understand... and I have'nt had the Fox Sports Network since last October... I know now this is'nt probably the time to talk about an armed insurrection , but I am flat out ****** off... especially since I have to, and can only, tape the channel I am watching, can only watch the same channel on every TV in the house, and pay a **** load of money for things that don't come up CYCLONE anymore.... I have many other gripes too ... anybody have some other ideas or maybe thoughts on DIRECT TV... ????... I'm now almost at the "Have Guns, Will Travel" mantra to DISH network headquarters.... please lower my blood pressure and keep me out of prison Cyclone fans....

SIGNED,

You'll either need to buy a separate box for the other TV's or go to Cable. I've had no issues with Dish Network and was able to watch the game, as it was on KCRG 9.2, which is a problem with KCRG and not Dish Network.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
if you wanted to watch last night's game (or any CTN games), you would've needed a $7 antenna to get KCRG 9.2

cardsandgold

Jan 9, 2011
Honolulu by birth...
You'll either need to buy a separate box for the other TV's or go to Cable. I've had no issues with Dish Network and was able to watch the game, as it was on KCRG 9.2, which is a problem with KCRG and not Dish Network.

... OK... I'm a little slow here.... how come KCRG TV 9 on my dish network showed regular ABC programming last night ?.... do I have KCRG 8.9,9.0, or 9.1.... once again... I am a little slow on this as I actually went through the ISU Engineering Dept. 10 years before they even had computers....I'm just going to call up Direct TV tommorrow anyways... but WTF....:skeptical:... anybody elses thoughts on Direct TV and packages would be helpful...

... and I have had DISH network for 11 years...

cardsandgold

Jan 9, 2011
Honolulu by birth...

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I have Dish and watched the game on regular programming. When I need to watch a game such as the Virginia game, I just called a listed 800 number (get on the internet Dish site to find it) and asked the voice on the other end which channel was carrying the ISU/Virginia. They will look it up for you and tell you the cost. In that case it was some monthly package for $7 that includes about 10 different Fox Sports regional channels from the East to West Coast. I will probably call in and cancel it at the end of the month unless I find that their are other non-Big 12 games that interest me. Anyway, for $7 its pretty cheap to see even one game. I have paid for football games this way in the past on occasion. I have no problems with Dish. Just get on the phone and find a live body on the other end. Do not try to do it by automation, which is an option. You are evidently past the 20's like me.

akellar

Nov 28, 2008
Stuart, IA

SIGNED,

If anyone is looking for a prime example of the stereotypical American that flies off the deep end over something and blames somebody else for something they clearly just don't understand, here you go.

1. Not Dish's fault
2. As previously said, you have had Fox Sports for a while now. Feel free to look before you yell.
3. If you had used the search option or simply looked at the basketball section of the message board you would see multiple threads about the game being on 9.2. You might not have come across so "slow" that way.

Reactions: ruxCYtable

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado

SIGNED,

I'd be mad too if I were you -- mad at MYSELF.

It's not Dish Network's fault that KCRG is choosing to show the games on their alternate channel, which is only available over the air. For $6.99 you can go to Walmart and buy a set of rabbit ears, plug them into the back of your Dish Network box and be good to go. Or, you could pony up $100, get ESPN Full Court, and get every game no matter what channel it's on, even if it's Mediacom 22.

You say you haven't had FSN since last October. All Dish Network customers get a regional FSN channel. It's not their fault you can't find it. And for $7 a month you can get ALL the regional FSN channels by purchasing the sports pack.

I'm sorry to be a jerk, but I've read your post a couple times over and I can't find a single issue you are having that can't be rectified with minimal effort and cost. These are not Dish Network's issues, they're yours.

Reactions: akellar

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
As I understand it, the only way to get the additional channels (9.X) is over the air with an antenna. "Regular channel 9" on your dish is just going to be the NBC national programming. When over-the-air switched over from analog to digital, they picked up extra bandwidth so they can show secondary (or tertiary even - there is a 7.2 and a 7.3 for example) that shows additional programming. Go buy a set of rabbit ears and you should get 2.1-.2, 7.1-.3, 9.1-.2, 28.1-.2, 32.1-.3. All of the .1 channels will be in HD as well, either 720p or occasionally 1080i depending on the show. Everything else is broadcast in 480i/p.

I don't think there is any way, regardless of dish or cable company, to get the secondary channels without using an antenna. But it's free HD, and since it's not compressed it actually looks nicer than the dish/cable HD too.

cardsandgold

Jan 9, 2011
Honolulu by birth...
I'd be mad too if I were you -- mad at MYSELF.

It's not Dish Network's fault that KCRG is choosing to show the games on their alternate channel, which is only available over the air. For $6.99 you can go to Walmart and buy a set of rabbit ears, plug them into the back of your Dish Network box and be good to go. Or, you could pony up $100, get ESPN Full Court, and get every game no matter what channel it's on, even if it's Mediacom 22.

You say you haven't had FSN since last October. All Dish Network customers get a regional FSN channel. It's not their fault you can't find it. And for $7 a month you can get ALL the regional FSN channels by purchasing the sports pack.

I'm sorry to be a jerk, but I've read your post a couple times over and I can't find a single issue you are having that can't be rectified with minimal effort and cost. These are not Dish Network's issues, they're yours.

... hey man... I forgot the "IGNORANT" part on my behalf... please let me self-depriciate like plutonioum... THANKYOU !!!...:eek:....

... and WTF... enjoy anyways that I'm some stupid SOB that wants what he pays for...nothing more nothing less

Thankyou,

Ed Anger...:spinny:

... take a little sip Cyclone Bro's...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex1nxuM1fU8&feature=related]YouTube - Loving Cup - The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street[/ame]

... love the Clones...
[ame=http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=HNY8eYmzdH4&feature=artist]YouTube - The Rolling Stones Monkey Man[/ame]

... can't stand the Stones for all my life... so this closes it and the DISH dish that has 12-guage slug through it...

[ame=http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=3fa4HUiFJ6c&feature=related]YouTube - Can't you hear me knocking- rolling stones[/ame]

Ignorance Is Bliss...:cool:

cjb1978

Apr 9, 2010
Des Moines, IA

SIGNED,

You remind of this guy w/ the bolded statement in your quote above:

Creepy_speedo_guy_with_guns.jpg

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
... OK... I'm a little slow here.... how come KCRG TV 9 on my dish network showed regular ABC programming last night ?.... do I have KCRG 8.9,9.0, or 9.1.... once again... I am a little slow on this as I actually went through the ISU Engineering Dept. 10 years before they even had computers....I'm just going to call up Direct TV tommorrow anyways... but WTF....:skeptical:... anybody elses thoughts on Direct TV and packages would be helpful...

... and I have had DISH network for 11 years...
Most local over the air HD channels have three channels so they have more programs they show than if you just use cable