Des Moines denied NCAA Mens Tournament Bid for 2011,12,13 (Omaha vs. Des Moines)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
This is actually getting entertaining. I would go grab some popcorn to watch this.....but sadly I can't afford it because I live in Des Moines.

Reactions: IcSyU

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Re: Des Moines denied NCAA Mens Tournament Bid for 2011,12,13

and guy, i run my own freight brokerage...both of these numbers are peanuts for me, so don't throw the "i make more money" bomb at me

Being the driver at two guys and a truck - doesn't count as running your own freight brokerage.

Where did I throw out such a comparison? Never did? I take back my earlier compliment on your reading skills. I'm comfortable with my job and salary. Couldn't care less to compare it to you or anyone else. Except maybe Coach Rhoads.

But nice try.

Last edited:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

seriously, you think the average person in des moines or omaha makes that much? i realize you are probably not a statistician or economist, but the average income in dsm is more like 30k...and omaha has more millionaires per capita, than any city in the country....enjoy fantasy land
Des Moines Jobs (IA) | Simply Hired

Hey genius, learn how to read, it's NOT average per person. It's per household, and Des Moines' is higher, so you're dead wrong. Let's also throw in the fact that it's not even average, it's median to eliminate the skewing of the outliers. And you were making fun of my statistical analysis skills. :eek:

Additionally, I don't see you being one of those milloinaires, so that's really an invalid statistic. Ames has one of the highest higher level degrees per capita in the country...big freaking deal.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007

seriously, you think the average person in des moines or omaha makes that much? i realize you are probably not a statistician or economist, but the average income in dsm is more like 30k...and omaha has more millionaires per capita, than any city in the country....enjoy fantasy land
Des Moines Jobs (IA) | Simply Hired
From that link, not only does Des Moines have a higher average salary and household income than Omaha, it has an unemployment rate nearly 2% lower.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

From that link, not only does Des Moines have a higher average salary and household income than Omaha, it has an unemployment rate nearly 2% lower.

Yeah but what does that link say about "brain drain?" I guarantee you Des Moines is 50% higher than Omaha's!!

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
if i didn't know any better, i would assume you guys were all husker fans. they are about as dumb as you jerk offs

Weren't you just crying about the personal attacks?

And no offense (ah who am I kidding, please take offense) but many guys have shown you stats to show that you are the dumb one.

JordanHXC

Apr 1, 2006
Omaha
was i just told to reread your post....10/4 good buddy

Hmmmm.....median income for
Des Moines: $71,700
Omaha: $69,900

i believe that says median income, not median household income...\

again, the only way to describe you people....

butt hurt

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

You are starting to sound dumber and dumber. No money to be made in Des Moines? Hmmmm.

The people of Iowa call it a "brain drain"?? Are those the same people that take South Park as gospel?!?! :biglaugh:

well, the register likes to use that term every so often... but lets be honest, the 'brain drain' is something that happens in BOTH nebraska, and iowa... as more people continue the general trend of the last 100 years moving from more rural to more urban areas.

Move Back to Nebraska
http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1153&context=agecon_cornhusker

JordanHXC

Apr 1, 2006
Omaha

Being the driver at two guys and a truck - doesn't count as running your own freight brokerage.

Where did I throw out such a comparison? Never did? I take back my earlier compliment on your reading skills. I'm comfortable with my job and salary. Couldn't care less to compare it to you or anyone else. Except maybe Coach Rhoads.

But nice try.

out of curiousity, do you even know what a freight broker is? or are you just making another dumb *** statement?

JordanHXC

Apr 1, 2006
Omaha

well, the register likes to use that term every so often... but lets be honest, the 'brain drain' is something that happens in BOTH nebraska, and iowa... as more people continue the general trend of the last 100 years moving from more rural to more urban areas.

Move Back to Nebraska
http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1153&context=agecon_cornhusker

pay attention if you wanna stay in the fight ...i'm from florida and moved to nebraska after school...keep up or drop out

Last edited by a moderator:

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I'd also like to go on record as saying that I don't have a huge problem with the Omaha area, other than the Council Bluffs side of things.

Take away the Zoo and Old Market, though, and there's really no reason for me to want to go there, other than Nebraska's slightly more sane beer laws.

It's just a slightly bigger, slightly more run down (at least the core city) version of Des Moines, IMO.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

pay attention if you wanna stay in the fight jerk off...i'm from florida and moved to nebraska after school...keep up or drop out

jerk off
dumb ***
butt hurt

You got a pretty good vocabulary there. I may have to go visit this wonderful place you call Omaha to learn such wonderful words. Than hopefully I can bring these words back to this dreadful place called Des Moines and start up my own company. I am sure people would love to do business with me

Reactions: CycloneErik

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

so no answer then?

A freight broker would be the middle man who brings a firm together with a seller and transports goods/services/money/information according to my logistics and supply chain management class...

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
was i just told to reread your post....10/4 good buddy

Hmmmm.....median income for
Des Moines: $71,700
Omaha: $69,900

i believe that says median income, not median household income...\

again, the only way to describe you people....

butt hurt
Des Moines metropolitan area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The median income for a household in the MSA was $44,667,

Omaha, Nebraska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The median income for a household in the city is $40,006, and the median income for a family is $50,821

Status
Not open for further replies.