Depth Chart at Kansas

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
Kansas.JPG
- Zeb no longer listed since he left the team
- Kolar listed ahead of Allen, but still "or" between them. It had always been Allen or Kolar, which was assumed to be alphabetical order
- Enyi still listed as starter; given CMC's comments about letting the practice determine playing time, I assume they're giving Leo and others a chance to prove themselves this week instead of filling in a replacement.
- Datrone Young started for the 2nd straight game, with Payne starting at FS in place of Lawrence White

Last edited:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
you can really tell that the coaches don't give a **** about the depth chart. Payne hasn't played CB for the last 2 games, but he's still listed there. True FR Anthony Johnson has played a ton at RCB and isn't on the depth chart.

Jataris Grant (#21) played several series, spelling Eisworth, in the OSU game - but hasn't seen the field since (not listed in the participation reports). Is he injured?

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
Campbell's said that he doesn't care, which probably explains why it's not that accurate, but still interesting to see imo. I haven't seen the depth chart revised for short-term injury before, which would be consistent with Payne playing at safety for White but still listed at CB. Obviously, there's a lot of flexibility with Payne and Lewis both capable of playing safety or Star.. it really just depends on match ups and how they practice during the week that determines what happens on Saturdays.

Jatairis Grant has played every game according to participation charts; had 2 tackles vs Texas Tech.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Jatairis Grant has played every game according to participation charts; had 2 tackles vs Texas Tech.

D'oh. Their stupid duplicate numbering thing fooled me - he's listed as '2A' in the participation report, even though the other 25 (Croney) didn't play.

Thanks for pointing that out.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
D'oh. Their stupid duplicate numbering thing fooled me - he's listed as '2A' in the participation report, even though the other 25 (Croney) didn't play.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Grant is #21
Croney and Datrone Young are #25

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Has Kolar just overtaken Allen being his injury set him back...? I thought I saw Allen in pads on Saturday.

Would they hold him out in hopes of a medical RS?

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Has Kolar just overtaken Allen being his injury set him back...? I thought I saw Allen in pads on Saturday.

Would they hold him out in hopes of a medical RS?

Didn't already redshirt due to being hit by a car his freshman year?

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
He did.. but he would still be able to apply for a medical RS.
Actually he would be applying for a hardship waiver to get a 6th year of eligibility, needing to prove he lost 2 seasons to injury (cannot be redshirt-by-choice, must be 2 separate seasons lost to season-ending injury).

But then again I'm not actually sure about that. I don't know if rulings on hardship waivers seeking a 6th year of eligibility will be impacted by the new redshirt rule. I'm guessing not, though.

And for that matter I'm not sure a "medical" redshirt even exists any longer in NCAA football.
Medical redshirt (for football) requires:
Playing in 4 or fewer games, which is the same as the new "regular" redshirt.
A season-ending injury that must occur in the first half of the season (which means you cannot play in the second half of the season). This is more restrictive than the new redshirt rule, which allows you to play in any 4 games.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I've heard it mentioned (cannot remember where) that Kempt was probably not ready physically quite yet. If that's the case, is it possible that Re-al could be the actual back up?
If Kempt isn't ready, I could see why Campbell would keep mum about it. No use in giving the opposing D any more incentive to take out Purdy knowing that he has an untested true freshman* behind him.

*Kind of funny when you realize that "untested true freshman" was exactly what Purdy was going into October.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Help Support Us

Become a patron