Decommit: Ryan Mosby

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Im just going to be upset if he is freeing up scholarships for some more Iowa kids.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Im not sure I like this, Rhoads told Mosby that he didnt fit his system and that he would have a tough time if he were still to come up. Mosby's GPA is a 2.7, i dont know if PR is seeing that as a risk, but ive seen worse. He riled up the Mosby family, and Ryan said he was 10000% comitted to ISU until he got that call. He also said Rhoads called a OL Brock Wempa from Royse City and told him to Decommit.
Well, if he told Wempa to decommit, I sure hope he's got a center up his sleeve somewhere.

And was Mosby the Texas kid who had teammates we were also recruiting?

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Im just going to be upset if he is freeing up scholarships for some more Iowa kids.

As long as they are players that he thinks will contribute the best to his system, it shouldn't matter where they come from. What we really need is a bunch of kids who will believe in a system and each other, who will gel together and play above their potential.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Im not sure I like this, Rhoads told Mosby that he didnt fit his system and that he would have a tough time if he were still to come up. Mosby's GPA is a 2.7, i dont know if PR is seeing that as a risk, but ive seen worse. He riled up the Mosby family, and Ryan said he was 10000% comitted to ISU until he got that call. He also said Rhoads called a OL Brock Wempa from Royse City and told him to Decommit.

I hope PR has some cards up his sleeve, I didnt like hearing this news, but I'm sure there is rhyme to reason.

Not going to argue what you have heard from commits.... Well maybe I am though. How many times have we heard something like this.... "Coach said I'm not good enough. Coach said he doesn't like me"???

I'm sure the coach had reasons, like you said, but I would take whatever I heard from an almost complete stranger with a grain of salt. I know you have talked to him a few times but still...

I'm sure the coach didn't insult him and treated him with respect.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What we really need is a bunch of kids who will believe in a system and each other, who will gel together and play above their potential.

No, what we need is the speed and talent to compete in the Big XII. Then those guys believe in a system, and each other, etc...

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Not going to argue what you have heard from commits.... Well maybe I am though. How many times have we heard something like this.... "Coach said I'm not good enough. Coach said he doesn't like me"???

I'm sure the coach had reasons, like you said, but I would take whatever I heard from an almost complete stranger with a grain of salt. I know you have talked to him a few times but still...

I'm sure the coach didn't insult him and treated him with respect.

Like i said, i'm sure there is reason, I know his academics might come into more play than they did with chizik, but kid is still talented, so thats all i question. And telling him he doesnt fit within the system? who knows what that is about.

VanderHuge

Jan 6, 2009
North Liberty, IA
No, what we need is the speed and talent to compete in the Big XII. Then those guys believe in a system, and each other, etc...

I agree. If K State can get great athletes to go to that trash heap Manhattan then we should have no problem getting them to come to beautiful Ames.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
According to cyclonereport.com wempa has already signed his letter of intent since he's a juco. Does that matter?

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I agree. If K State can get great athletes to go to that trash heap Manhattan then we should have no problem getting them to come to beautiful Ames.

K-State cheated badly under Snyder, not sure if you want to go that route.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
so I hope that means he has someone to replace those guys he told to go away otherwise wouldnt it be a loss or do you think he wants to save some for next year?

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
That kind of stinks losing Mosby. I made a bad habit of following blindly under Chizik so I think I am going to withhold judgement on this until we see how this plays out. Sound like he could have been a good player.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006

I completely agree, but I've got to trust that Rhoads knows what he's doing. When he hired Bleil, I was very worried that Iowa ties would be the theme for assembling his staff, and he has proven my fears unwarranted by hiring solid coaches and recruiters from around the country. I have to trust that he will also make good decisions on the recruiting trail.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008

I hope PR has some cards up his sleeve, I didnt like hearing this news, but I'm sure there is rhyme to reason.
You are only hearing one side of the story. I'm pretty sure PR is not going to turn down a kid that is committed to ISU.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
If what he said is true, I see that as a positive. Rhoads is not stupid. Unless he can fill a slot with a better player, he will keep the one's already committed. If the guys he hired each bring two studs along, he needs place to put them.

VanderHuge

Jan 6, 2009
North Liberty, IA
If what he said is true, I see that as a positive. Rhoads is not stupid. Unless he can fill a slot with a better player, he will keep the one's already committed. If the guys he hired each bring two studs along, he needs place to put them.

I like what you're thinking but how would you feel if Chiz and friends each took a couple of studs from us when they left? Wouldn't we all think that was pretty scuzzy? Even though, I hope we swipe every stud out there.