Dear Houston

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Good chance we're well and truly tied with them on Saturday, too.

Never, ever chant overrated and tear down your team's accomplishment. It's just stupid, y'all.
Especially if you’re ranked higher and favored.

If Baylor wins, it may be a 3 way tie at the top. Need to win out.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
UH has a VERY good team. On defense, they remind me a lot of ISU but, to me, they're a notch above on offense.

Good lord, that arena is going to be a tough place to play - loud and it felt like all the fans were close to the action. That said, when I hear the name, I can only think of a frittata.

1708428474670.png .

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Dear Houston,

Huggins would be proud. You are allowed to push off, assault our players and all with out fouling. Simply amazing. What I really mean is eat **** and **** Houston. Your town is a ******** and so is your cheater coach.
Meh, this is just sour grapes. The officiating in the first half was atrocious but I thought it evened out in the second. We had chances to get it to 1 possession numerous times but then would brick a free throw or have a dumb turnover.

You have to bring a A+ game to win there and we brought an A- game.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Meh, this is just sour grapes. The officiating in the first half was atrocious but I thought it evened out in the second. We had chances to get it to 1 possession numerous times but then would brick a free throw or have a dumb turnover.

You have to bring a A+ game to win there and we brought an A- game.

I saw tons of contact that just wasn't called. I'd say refs were 60/40 in favor of Houston but that just normal life on the road. 1-2 horrible calls but its magnified when you're down a couple possessions and need every little piece of help.

Agreed to win that you need a near perfect game and then some luck on top of it. So glad we got that one in Hilton to make it an even split. Clearly the best two teams in the conference.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I have prope bets on both UCONN and Houston. I feel quite comfortable.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I had a big eye roll at the overrated chant, and the half ass goodbye song, but this was their first big game at home since joining the big 12. I saw a tweet yesterday they had one home game against a top 10 opponent in the last ten years. We've had like 21 in that span. They don't get it yet, but they will.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Dear Houston,

You are fortunate to have gotten off to a nice lead early, not unlike we did to you in Ames. We played you pretty even for the rest of the game. This chart says it all. Given your lack of experience in close games, I like our chances if it had been closer toward the end.

Sincerely,
Cycsk

1708435725631.png

VAISUFAN

Mar 13, 2012
I'm gonna disagree with the OP just a little. I want nothing to do with that game in KC. I would rather go home early rest up and get ready for The Tourney of which we will have a REAL shot. A Houston game just b4 the Tourney would be exhausting.

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Dear Houston,

You are fortunate to have gotten off to a nice lead early, not unlike we did to you in Ames. We played you pretty even for the rest of the game. This chart says it all. Given your lack of experience in close games, I like our chances if it had been closer toward the end.

Sincerely,
Cycsk

View attachment 124267
If that first half would have been officiated competently, those lines would be nearly inseparable. We essentially went toe-to-toe with the #2 team in the country on their home court. This team is in good shape.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and Cycsk

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
UH has a VERY good team. On defense, they remind me a lot of ISU but, to me, they're a notch above on offense.

Good lord, that arena is going to be a tough place to play - loud and it felt like all the fans were close to the action. That said, when I hear the name, I can only think of a frittata.

View attachment 124266 .
They have Shead and we don't. It's not a whole roster deal and that's no knock on our guys but in those games, a lot of times the team who has the best guard, especially when that guard is a ************ (In the words of Doug Collins) wins.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I saw tons of contact that just wasn't called. I'd say refs were 60/40 in favor of Houston but that just normal life on the road. 1-2 horrible calls but its magnified when you're down a couple possessions and need every little piece of help.

Agreed to win that you need a near perfect game and then some luck on top of it. So glad we got that one in Hilton to make it an even split. Clearly the best two teams in the conference.
I thought it all washed out. We got a lot of favorable calls early in the second half. I'm not apologizing for that but I thought it made up for some pretty bad stuff in the first half.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
They have Shead and we don't. It's not a whole roster deal and that's no knock on our guys but in those games, a lot of times the team who has the best guard, especially when that guard is a ************ (In the words of Doug Collins) wins.

He's a great guard anyways but that second half he had made them unbeatable. ISU was better everywhere else but he was so good it didn't matter. He was even going at Ward and having success.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
That's one of those things that will always stick with the college kids that are there to enjoy the game for the atmosphere, but really don't follow sports too closely.

In their defense, it sounded like a very small minority with the chant that figured out pretty quickly that it wasn't the time for that one.
That chant did die out pretty quick!!

Reactions: 0u812