DC Extended Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
So, meh on Shazam Fury of the Gods? I saw it and I thought it was OK. Worth seeing, better than many of the Marvel movies.

I think James Gunn is going too far with his across-the-board reboot. I think there will be a backlash and he will be gone in 2 years, and some of the actors like Zachary Levi will be back.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I also saw Shazam: Fury of the Gods over the weekend and had fun with it. I actually found it to be funnier than the first one and had some higher highs than the first one as well. However, I found the 3rd act to be way too long and overdrawn, which resulted in the movie losing some of the momentum which it had built up. Overall, while not groundbreaking, the movie is still pretty good and fun to the point where I'd recommend people go see it. If you liked the first Shazam, you will likely enjoy this one too. If you didn't like the first one, there probably isn't anything new here.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I want to see Shazam and I also saw the advertisement for the new Flash movie. Hard to get excited about anything DC though when you don't know what's going to get chopped or just the general direction of the franchise. The MCU isn't perfect but at least you know it's all connected and is moving in the same direction

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I want to see Shazam and I also saw the advertisement for the new Flash movie. Hard to get excited about anything DC though when you don't know what's going to get chopped or just the general direction of the franchise. The MCU isn't perfect but at least you know it's all connected and is moving in the same direction

It is especially hard seeing post-credit scenes of recent DC movies which tease future things, which we know will likely never happen now

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I’m not excited for either. A little excited for GotG3 but other than the potential of that mcu has gone completely stale for me. At least The Flash movie is all about multiverses anyway.

Dune part 2 and Furiosa are the only big budget nerd movies I’m excited about.

Marvel should reboot starting with the expansive property that was by far its most popular before the MCU started that was never part of the MCU.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I’m not excited for either. A little excited for GotG3 but other than the potential of that mcu has gone completely stale for me. At least The Flash movie is all about multiverses anyway.

Dune part 2 and Furiosa are the only big budget nerd movies I’m excited about.

Marvel should reboot starting with the expansive property that was by far its most popular before the MCU started that was never part of the MCU.
I still enjoy the MCU but I totally get that people might be getting some fatigue on it. Idk if this will ever happen but I do think at some point that should do a reset and just shut it down for a couple years

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I still enjoy the MCU but I totally get that people might be getting some fatigue on it. Idk if this will ever happen but I do think at some point that should do a reset and just shut it down for a couple years

It’s just crazy to me they are putting out Ant Man 3 when they have a property that was selling 100x more comics than iron man, Thor or captain America.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
It’s just crazy to me they are putting out Ant Man 3 when they have a property that was selling 100x more comics than iron man, Thor or captain America.
Which property are we referring to?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Which property are we referring to?
X-Men or even Wolverine just on his own was 100x more popular than Captain America or Iron Man when they originally sold off the movie rights. Just my opinion but they should take a bow on a job well done and relaunch in a bit with those characters at the center.

Reactions: mwitt

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Finally watched The Batman. Wow what a great movie! The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies of all time and this was approaching that. Definitely more dark and grounded and leans more toward detective Batman than superhero Batman. I'd definitely watch a couple more movies with Pattinson as Batman. The Riddler was an great villain. I have no idea what the DCEU is doing but I think this Batman should remain in his own universe. Superman or Wonder Woman teaming up with this Batman would just feel weird.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Finally watched The Batman. Wow what a great movie! The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies of all time and this was approaching that. Definitely more dark and grounded and leans more toward detective Batman than superhero Batman. I'd definitely watch a couple more movies with Pattinson as Batman. The Riddler was an great villain. I have no idea what the DCEU is doing but I think this Batman should remain in his own universe. Superman or Wonder Woman teaming up with this Batman would just feel weird.

I really liked it. Best super hero movie in a few years IMO. Still way too long though.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Glad you guys really enjoyed The Batman. I was only so-so on it. Was a bit too grounded, dark and grunge for my liking.