DC Extended Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It's kind of weird that he's replying directly to a bunch of random people one Twitter
DC is a slow motion train wreck playing out in real time.

And Marvel might be in the same boat.

Their hit rate on characters and story arcs has declined to the point that they can't build any enthusiasm from fans for what's next with each release.

That's not to say they can't get it back, but it makes the "hard reboot" of franchises necessary while also raising the stakes a bunch. Fortunately for Marvel, they've written the multiverse into things to make departures from established characters/storylines possible, giving them more room to play around.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Finally saw Black Adam. Certainly surpassed my expectations as I found myself enjoying it. Some of the story and acting was meh. I'd put it on a similar tier with Aquaman. Not a fantastic movie But overall an enjoyable watch. Loved the entire Justice Society (can we get more there?). Especially thought Brosnan as Dr Fate was amazing. Sad we won't get more of that character. The setup with Cavill at the end would've been awesome if I didn't already know that news. Really interested to see where gunn takes the DCEU

Last edited:

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I kind of wondered if the Snyder loyalists/army of bots were pushing all these leaks and now that Ray Fisher is getting involved attacking Gunn it all but confirms it to me.

As a previous poster said: Gunn needs to go radio silent and stop responding to all these idiots. He’s no longer just the quirky, interactive Hollywood director. He’s the head of a major studio division. There’s no way for him to win right now, so I don’t see why he’s even trying.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Did Ray Fisher make a stupid accusation without knowing the facts? Yes

Did James Gunn effectively counter Ray Fisher's stupid argument? Yes

Should James Gunn constantly be responding to any of these trolls through Twitter? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop it!!!!!

Reactions: bos

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

Did Ray Fisher make a stupid accusation without knowing the facts? Yes

Did James Gunn effectively counter Ray Fisher's stupid argument? Yes

Should James Gunn constantly be responding to any of these trolls through Twitter? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop it!!!!!
Yeah he seriously needs to get off Twitter. There will ALWAYS be trolls and detractors on Twitter. Just focus on making the DCEU awesome. Plenty of work to be done there. I like Gunn but I'm worried he's going to let all this nonsense distract him

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: Gorm and Triggermv

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

At this point I think Gunn should literally just nuke everything and start totally fresh. It's going to get confusing with what's connected and what's not. Keeping some things and getting rid of others doesn't seem like the right path IMO

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Just finished the first half of Titans Season 4 (what has been released so far), and I'd say it is about on par with the rest of the seasons, and that isn't really a compliment. Of the 6 episodes, I found the first half to be terrible, boring and borderline unwatchable, but things at least got a little better in the back half. Like the other seasons, there are always some things to really like a few good characters and some really good cinematography, but the storytelling is always so inconsistent with major glaring fallacies throughout. Some of the worst stuff was a lot of the fight scenes, which were CW cringeworthy at times. Anyway, I saw the announcement this will be the last season, and frankly, I'm happy with that. Just like I was ready to turn a new page on the Arrowverse, it is time with the Titans too. I'll still probably watch the back half of this season thought when it gets released.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Just finished the first half of Titans Season 4 (what has been released so far), and I'd say it is about on par with the rest of the seasons, and that isn't really a compliment. Of the 6 episodes, I found the first half to be terrible, boring and borderline unwatchable, but things at least got a little better in the back half. Like the other seasons, there are always some things to really like a few good characters and some really good cinematography, but the storytelling is always so inconsistent with major glaring fallacies throughout. Some of the worst stuff was a lot of the fight scenes, which were CW cringeworthy at times. Anyway, I saw the announcement this will be the last season, and frankly, I'm happy with that. Just like I was ready to turn a new page on the Arrowverse, it is time with the Titans too. I'll still probably watch the back half of this season thought when it gets released.
I agree. I feel like season 1 was by far the best and it's been a slow decline up and down since

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

James Gunn and Peter Safran have announced "first part of Chapter 1" of the new DC Universe:

1. Creature Commandos (An animated HBO Max show)
  2. Waller (A live-action HBO Max show)
  3. Superman: Legacy (Theatrical film)
  4. Lanterns (A live-action HBO Max show)
  5. The Authority (Theatrical film)
  6. Paradise Lost (A live-action HBO Max show)
  7. The Brave and the Bold (Theatrical film)
  8. Booster Gold (A live-action HBO Max show)
  9. Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow (Theatrical film)
  10. Swamp Thing (Theatrical film)

• Informative
Reactions: Gorm

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Everything is turning out to be what I was afraid would happen. I wasn't crazy about this reboot, but I've come around on it as long as it is a full reboot/reset. The last thing I want is a partial reset, much less a partial reset where James seems to be making sure he keeps all his own characters he has worked with essentially, which seems to be what we are getting. Super frustrating. If the goal is to make things less confusing and more unified, just reboot the whole thing!!!

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

Everything is turning out to be what I was afraid would happen. I wasn't crazy about this reboot, but I've come around on it as long as it is a full reboot/reset. The last thing I want is a partial reset, much less a partial reset where James seems to be making sure he keeps all his own characters he has worked with essentially, which seems to be what we are getting. Super frustrating. If the goal is to make things less confusing and more unified, just reboot the whole thing!!!
Yeah just start fresh. The DCEU is already a confusing mess.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021

Not shocked. I never saw how this one fit into the future plans
Not everything has to fit into some grand plan. At some point they need to worry about making good movies (this goes for Marvel too) and stop worrying about some master story they are trying to tell.

And frankly, I've just about reached my limit of looking multiple years down the line to see what's coming. When a film or TV show has reached post production and has an actual date on the release schedule, I'll start caring. This "oh we're going to make such and such, but we haven't even started pre-production" has become such an exercise in futility.

Last edited: