DC Extended Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It may be an unpopular opinion, but I just didn't care for the Joker movie. Sure, it was a well made movie, but just not to my tastes or direction I wanted to see DC go with things. Its just that simple. At that same time, the movie made a boatload of money on a small budget and won some awards. Good on it and I'm happy for those who liked it.. Still doesn't change my lack of desire to see a sequel, similar to my lack of desire for the first one. Therefore, where it goes with it doesn't really matter that much to me.

I actively hate the Joker. I didn't finish it. So I guess you're preaching to the choir there.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yeah, I'm also a guy who tends to want to gouge my eyes out during most A24 movies too. Just not my cup of tea.

No, that's not it, I think A24 makes a ton of great movies. I don't like movies where the main character is just loathsome. I've said it on here several times but I am not a bit Scorsese guy, because I find his characters repulsive so while I appreciate the filmmaking I don't really like the movies. Joker was the most extreme example of that, in that I find him so utterly reprehensible I can't imagine spending 2.5 hours with the character.

Reactions: Aclone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
No, that's not it, I think A24 makes a ton of great movies. I don't like movies where the main character is just loathsome. I've said it on here several times but I am not a bit Scorsese guy, because I find his characters repulsive so while I appreciate the filmmaking I don't really like the movies. Joker was the most extreme example of that, in that I find him so utterly reprehensible I can't imagine spending 2.5 hours with the character.

Yeah, I hear yah on that. I'd say your thoughts somewhat play the same for me too. The A24 thing is more my lack of taste for many "art house" type movies, which is pretty much A24's whole schtick. It's not necessarily that they are bad movies or whatnot, I just don't enjoy watching most of them. In fact, I find most of them to be painful to watch and do an eye roll anytime I turn a movie on and see the A24 logo. I'm a guy that watches and likes pretty much all genres of movies too, outside of horror probably. To each their own. Anyway, I'm not even sure I'd Joker to be exactly like an A24 movie, but it definitely leans towards it, at least about as much as a comic book movie can. I am interested to give A24's "Everything Everywhere All at Once" a chance though based on the buzz I'm hearing.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
All the laughing and ridiculousness aside with all the Ezra Miller situation, I am fascinated to see how this all will play out with the upcoming Flash movie. I'm not sure I've seen any movie in Hollywood history play out with an Actor's antics like this one is. What makes it so unique is the movie is fully shot and in the can. It isn't like a Depp situation with Fantastic Beasts where he only had just begun filming. What does WB do with this movie? Recast and reshoot? Just let it release? Scrap the whole project? Drop it on HBOMax? I'm less interested myself as to what type of statement WB does or doesn't make on the actor's antics than I am what they plan to do with the Flash. Couple this with the recent report stating early test screenings of the movie are coming in really good. Talk about a crap show David Zaslov has inherited with the aquisition of WB. I feel bad for the guy. Its truly a lose-lose situation no matter what he decides. What would you guys do if you were Zaslov? The man has earned the moniker online lately of having "the ax of Zaslov", and he has been using it abundantly lately with all things WB. I've agreed with all of his swings of that ax so far too. Sorry Wonder Twins.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I can't say I'm excited about another Joker movie. The first one was a good movie but not an easy one to watch. I don't plan on watching it again. Not sure I need another one.

Reactions: Triggermv

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
All the laughing and ridiculousness aside with all the Ezra Miller situation, I am fascinated to see how this all will play out with the upcoming Flash movie. I'm not sure I've seen any movie in Hollywood history play out with an Actor's antics like this one is. What makes it so unique is the movie is fully shot and in the can. It isn't like a Depp situation with Fantastic Beasts where he only had just begun filming. What does WB do with this movie? Recast and reshoot? Just let it release? Scrap the whole project? Drop it on HBOMax? I'm less interested myself as to what type of statement WB does or doesn't make on the actor's antics than I am what they plan to do with the Flash. Couple this with the recent report stating early test screenings of the movie are coming in really good. Talk about a crap show David Zaslov has inherited with the aquisition of WB. I feel bad for the guy. Its truly a lose-lose situation no matter what he decides. What would you guys do if you were Zaslov? The man has earned the moniker online lately of having "the ax of Zaslov", and he has been using it abundantly lately with all things WB. I've agreed with all of his swings of that ax so far too. Sorry Wonder Twins.

WB has mismanaged their properties so stupendously it's needed. There has to be some heads rolling and a new vision for the studio going forward. Quite frankly I'd just reboot everything.

Fantastic Beasts basically killed Harry Potter. They need to reboot that as a TV show for HBO Max to grow that streaming service. Secrets didn't even make 100 million domestically. Venom 2 did better than a Harry Potter movie for goodness sake.

Let's just be honest about the DC universe too - even the bright spots like Aquaman are just kind of okay. If Aquaman was in the MCU it'd be a mid level entry.

Their agreement with Abrams has been a money sink. They probably aren't even going to let him do his show which was supposed to be his magnum opus.

The WB library they can throw on HBO Max is huge and a big draw. They have a good stable of properties. They just need to get their house in order.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
WB has mismanaged their properties so stupendously it's needed. There has to be some heads rolling and a new vision for the studio going forward. Quite frankly I'd just reboot everything.

Fantastic Beasts basically killed Harry Potter. They need to reboot that as a TV show for HBO Max to grow that streaming service. Secrets didn't even make 100 million domestically. Venom 2 did better than a Harry Potter movie for goodness sake.

Let's just be honest about the DC universe too - even the bright spots like Aquaman are just kind of okay. If Aquaman was in the MCU it'd be a mid level entry.

Their agreement with Abrams has been a money sink. They probably aren't even going to let him do his show which was supposed to be his magnum opus.

The WB library they can throw on HBO Max is huge and a big draw. They have a good stable of properties. They just need to get their house in order.

I tend to agree mostly with you, but differ simply in the way that I consider the DCEU salvageable and would hate to lose some of the amazing actors in it. If the DCEU has done anything well, it is their casting. In fact, I'd like to see Zaslov lean heavily into the DCEU and less into all the outside stuff. With that said, I don't have any issues with some select recast due to circumstances. As for an Ezra replacement, I think you shove Dylan Obrian in the role and nobody would blink at the replacement. It went just fine with the Edward Norton to Mark Ruffalo recast and I see this as no different. The hardest part is trying to figure out what to do with the Flash movie. Once they get past that, I think things get easier. I could also see them replace Amber Heard with someone like Emilia Clarke as well. Regardless of what DC feels they need to do or not to do with Amber after the trial, based on what Hamada said in the trial, it doesn't seem like they are crazy about her acting ability in the role in general, so they may recast simply due to that. Anyway, just my two cents.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Just when you thought it couldn't get more... well... weirder and disturbing

Ezra Miller: "hold my beer"

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Gorm

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
TBH, if Michael Keaton wasn’t in the flashpoint movie I would say just shelf the damn thing and release it on HBOmax in a few years. I grew up with Wally West being the flash, and he’s always been a more interesting character to me so I’d be thrilled if they shelved Barry Allen for a while.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
In what may be the world's least surprising news. Rolling Stone says fake accounts fueled the fan-led campaign for director Zack Snyder's Justice League do-over.

(This thread was on page 6 BTW)

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
In what may be the world's least surprising news. Rolling Stone says fake accounts fueled the fan-led campaign for director Zack Snyder's Justice League do-over.

(This thread was on page 6 BTW)

Any "campaign" on social media is going to be utilizing fake accounts / bots. Its just too easy not to do that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron