DC Extended Universe

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I never thought I'd ever say this, but I think Aquaman might end up being my favorite Justice League character after seeing this movie.

I actually think Cyborg may turn out to be pretty well done. The new trailer looks like it may try to cram his full origin story along with whatever the main plot is - I'm just guessing this based on the brief shot of him playing football before becoming Cyborg. This would be very reminiscent of the plot in DC animated movie "Justice League: War" - the only difference being that Green Lantern was in the animated movie, and Aquaman wasn't. That movie might still be available on Netflix - I would really recommend watching it. It's not too long and I thought it was really entertaining.

The biggest thing I took away from this trailer - it actually looks fun! Characters are cracking jokes, and some are even smiling. I went and rewatched all the BvS trailers after watching the new JL trailer and the only joke that showed up in that movie was the "is she with you?" line when Wonder Woman first appears to help Batman and Superman fight Doomsday. The Flash has some jokes, Jason Momoa looks like he's having a blast, even Batman and Gordon have a little joke about playing nice with others. It's about time DC lightened up and made something a little more fun. I think they learned that with the early success of Suicide Squad that there is demand to see a less-serious DC movie, it just needs a solid story.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I actually think Cyborg may turn out to be pretty well done. The new trailer looks like it may try to cram his full origin story along with whatever the main plot is - I'm just guessing this based on the brief shot of him playing football before becoming Cyborg. This would be very reminiscent of the plot in DC animated movie "Justice League: War" - the only difference being that Green Lantern was in the animated movie, and Aquaman wasn't. That movie might still be available on Netflix - I would really recommend watching it. It's not too long and I thought it was really entertaining.

The biggest thing I took away from this trailer - it actually looks fun! Characters are cracking jokes, and some are even smiling. I went and rewatched all the BvS trailers after watching the new JL trailer and the only joke that showed up in that movie was the "is she with you?" line when Wonder Woman first appears to help Batman and Superman fight Doomsday. The Flash has some jokes, Jason Momoa looks like he's having a blast, even Batman and Gordon have a little joke about playing nice with others. It's about time DC lightened up and made something a little more fun. I think they learned that with the early success of Suicide Squad that there is demand to see a less-serious DC movie, it just needs a solid story.

I think I read somewhere that Cyborg will kind of be the heart of the Justice League.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think I read somewhere that Cyborg will kind of be the heart of the Justice League.
latest

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Here is an article from io9 that discusses the DC films that Warner Bros showed off at CinemaCon 2017 last night. They showed footage from Justice League, Wonder Woman, and concept art from Aquaman (Jason Momoa was there at the convention to say he was getting on a plane that night to fly to Australia to begin filming). I'll leave out any spoilers just for you, Trigger, but the consensus from this author was that all 3 movies looked strong and that the tone was noticeably more fun than previous DC installments.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/new-footage-from-justice-league-wonder-woman-and-aqua-1793803288

Reactions: Triggermv

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: harimad

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
If it's as enjoyable as LOTR then I don't care.

I agree. I'm never concerned about run time as long as it is good. We also know the editing debacle that was Batman v Superman where they took a film about as long as Justice League and neutered it to a nearly incomprehensible level by shaving off a good half hour, when they would have been better off just sticking with the director's intended run time.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Wow: Joss Whedon is in talks to write, direct, and produce a stand-alone Batgirl movie

http://io9.gizmodo.com/joss-whedon-is-set-to-direct-a-standalone-batgirl-movie-1793838471

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/batgirl-movie-joss-whedon-warner-bros-1202018544/

Batgirl is coming to DC’s cinematic universe, and she’s got one hell of a name directing her: Joss Whedon himself.

Confirmed by Variety today, Whedon is closing in on a deal to write, direct, and produce Barbara Gordon’s entry into DC’s cinematic universe. There’s no other information on the movie at all—other than the fact that other Gotham-based characters could appear alongside Barbara—but Variety describes the project as Warner Bros’ “second” female-led DC superhero movie after Wonder Woman, which might seemingly indicate that this movie is coming sooner than David Ayer’s planned Gotham City Sirens spinoff from Suicide Squad. Variety also notes, however, that plans are still in the very earliest stages—apparently the project has only begun moving forward at Warner Bros. within the last month.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Doesn't sound like he is in talks. It sounds like a done deal. Gotta admit that I'm burnt out a bit on Whedon lately once you combine how the whole Age of Ultron movie shaped out in the end, as well as some stuff from his personal life. However, the dude still is a good director and The Avengers is still one of my all-time favorite movies. It will be interesting to see what tone he takes with his movies, as Marvel stuff tends to fit his natural tone much more than DC stuff.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Doesn't sound like he is in talks. It sounds like a done deal. Gotta admit that I'm burnt out a bit on Whedon lately once you combine how the whole Age of Ultron movie shaped out in the end, as well as some stuff from his personal life. However, the dude still is a good director and The Avengers is still one of my all-time favorite movies. It will be interesting to see what tone he takes with his movies, as Marvel stuff tends to fit his natural tone much more than DC stuff.

On a side note, I'm still of the opinion that DC needs to focus a little less on announcing a bazillion movies down the pipeline and focus a little more on actually getting movies going into production, and not screwing everything up. As of right now, Marvel movies on the schedule and in the pipeline are nearly always done deals that you can bank on. WB on the other hand seems to operate more on the reactionary hopes and dreams pipeline.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
So, I watched Keeping up with the Joneses last night and yep, Jon Hamm is officially my #1 choice to recast as Batman if Affleck does end up giving up the cape and cowl, and if they decide to recast the role. Many of you have probably been on this boat for a while, but I've never watched Mad Men before. I also realized Hamm has been in the running in the past before for Batman, so it isn't exactly a stretch either. Regardless, if he doesn't end up as Batman, I'd like ot see him in some other type of superhero role.

Oh yeah, Gal Gadot isn't just super attractive as Wonder Woman either after watching that movie, just in case anyone was wondering.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
So, I watched Keeping up with the Joneses last night and yep, Jon Hamm is officially my #1 choice to recast as Batman if Affleck does end up giving up the cape and cowl, and if they decide to recast the role. Many of you have probably been on this boat for a while, but I've never watched Mad Men before. I also realized Hamm has been in the running in the past before for Batman, so it isn't exactly a stretch either. Regardless, if he doesn't end up as Batman, I'd like ot see him in some other type of superhero role.

Oh yeah, Gal Gadot isn't just super attractive as Wonder Woman either after watching that movie, just in case anyone was wondering.

John Hamm would make an awesome Bruce Wayne - I just can't picture him as Batman in action. I suppose I'll need to see some of his other movies. He's in this upcoming movie called "Baby Driver" (weird title) but it's written and directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and wrote the initial script for Ant-Man) and also stars Jamie Foxx, Kevin Spacey and Jon Bernthal so maybe that could sway my opinion. I think he would be slam-dunk casting as Bruce Wayne in a movie where he mentors a young Terry McGinnis or perhaps Barbara Gordon in the Batgirl solo film.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
DCTV related, not DCEU.

Say, I just want to put another plug out there for people to give NBC's DCTV show "Powerless" a shot. Is it the best TV show I've ever seen? No, not necessarily. However, I have come to really like the show and would strongly recommend people at least give it a shot if they haven't yet. I do think it really has been coming into its own lately and I'm really hoping it gets renewed, which is still up in the air. What is the show? Try blending The Office with Chuck, as well as Amazon's new The Tick pilot, and there you go. Most all the characters are pretty funny too, with Alan Tudyk being straight up hilarious. Anyway, if anyone else has seen the show, feel free to share your thoughts.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
DCTV related, not DCEU.

Say, I just want to put another plug out there for people to give NBC's DCTV show "Powerless" a shot. Is it the best TV show I've ever seen? No, not necessarily. However, I have come to really like the show and would strongly recommend people at least give it a shot if they haven't yet. I do think it really has been coming into its own lately and I'm really hoping it gets renewed, which is still up in the air. What is the show? Try blending The Office with Chuck, as well as Amazon's new The Tick pilot, and there you go. Most all the characters are pretty funny too, with Alan Tudyk being straight up hilarious. Anyway, if anyone else has seen the show, feel free to share your thoughts.

Yeah, Powerless is pretty good show. Better than a lot of the stuff that's on right now. We try to watch it every week. I hope it sticks around for a while.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Yeah, Powerless is pretty good show. Better than a lot of the stuff that's on right now. We try to watch it every week. I hope it sticks around for a while.

I like having some type of superhero show out there where I can just kick back, have a few laughs, and not need to get super invested in anything. The show takes place in its own universe, so it isn't like it affects any other shows, plus it doesn't really have much of any type of ongoing narrative. Therefore, like most other sitcom shows, you can just catch an episode here and there and not miss a beat. If you've got access to the NBC app, I'm pretty sure you can catch up on all the episodes.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

On another note, the show has a surprisingly beautiful title sequence for any comic nerds out there, so if you don't want to catch the show, I'd at least just try to catch that sequence at least once. Whoever wrote, drew and directed it did a really good creative job.

• Agree
Reactions: mapnerd

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
There's a rumor circulating around that Warner Bros wants to release FOUR Batman movies in 2019 (this is to celebrate the 80th anniversary of Batman):

1. Gotham City Sirens around Valentines Day

2. Nightwing on Memorial Day Weekend

3. Batgirl in August

4. The Batman in November

http://io9.gizmodo.com/dcs-movie-universe-may-make-2019-the-year-of-the-batman-1794157234

In the past I would have said there is zero chance of this happening, but Warner Bros, whether good or bad, has stuck to their previous release dates and continues to put movies into development despite fan and critical outcry to take a break and refocus. The fact that three of those four movies (Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl, and The Batman) are in various development stages leads me to believe that at least two of those movies will come out in 2019.

Edit: I didn't realize that you could embed reddit posts on the forum - that's a nice feature.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
http://screenrant.com/man-of-steel-2-black-adam-dceu/

Latest rumor is that The Rock as Black Adam will be the main villain in Man of Steel 2. If true, I'd be cool with this and it could be a really good way to introduce his character before getting his own stand-alone movie. Personally, I can't wait for the long-awaited Man of Steel 2. I also don't care what anyone says, I absolutely love Man of Steel 1 and my appreciation for it has only grown over time. I consider it a work of art.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
http://screenrant.com/man-of-steel-2-black-adam-dceu/

Latest rumor is that The Rock as Black Adam will be the main villain in Man of Steel 2. If true, I'd be cool with this and it could be a really good way to introduce his character before getting his own stand-alone movie. Personally, I can't wait for the long-awaited Man of Steel 2. I also don't care what anyone says, I absolutely love Man of Steel 1 and my appreciation for it has only grown over time. I consider it a work of art.

The only thing I hate about this, if true, is that it's yet another example of Warner Bros shaping the narrative before the story can even be written. The studio is dictating too much about what needs to take place in these movies, such as having Bat-Fleck and Joker make appearances in Suicide Squad, announcing Deathstoke as the villain for a Batman movie that didn't even have a story yet, and announcing a MoS 2 despite killing Superman off in BvS. The move makes sense to add his character to MoS2 since the The Rock has been announced as Black Adam for years and it's looking less likely that the movies around that character will ever be made. I just feel like Warner Bros just need to get out of the way and let their writing staff create their own films.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/supe...series-introduces-kal-els-grandfather-a150455

The first upcoming Krypton TV Series trailer just leaked online for anyone who is interested. Here are a few notes and observations:

1. Its weird how this leaked when I'm pretty sure it isn't 100% ordered to season yet
2. Based on latest info, which isn't super sound or concrete, it will be part of the DCEU
3. This trailer looks amazing and almost like a movie trailer for whoever made it
4. My biggest fear when this series was announced was that Krypton, particularly the Krypton we saw introduced in the DCEU was amazing looking, but VERY expensive looking, and one that I had zero confidence a TV budget could produce well.
5. Again, this trailer looks amazing, which also includes all the looks and CGI of Krypton, so maybe I'm wrong. Either this series will have a bigger budget than I suspected or Syfy is doing an amazing job of producing more with less.
6. While I'm still not fully convinced they have pulled it off by one trailer, at a minimum, it has me intrigued to see more
Sorry, I'm just really in TV budget-led skeptic mode right now, which might be hard for me to fully break, particularly after just watching Iron Fist. What I mean by that is that Iron Fist, a show backed by Marvel/Disney budgets, with a proven model behind it, and with thousands and thousands more viewers than Krypton will ever have (biggest Netflix binge in history), just turned into one of the stingiest budget-TV jokes I've ever seen, so why should I have faith in anything else. Shoot, if Marvel could only give us maybe 20 minutes of K'un-Lun in a 13 hour series, along with maybe seeing the actual Iron Fist max 1 time per episode due to budgetary constraints, how can I expect someone else to produce a Snyder-created beautiful Krypton (his Krypton was one of the best things about Man of Steel) to believable scale?