Status
Not open for further replies.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Also, when you pull up the menu and go over to the Forums list, the Gaming forum doesn't show up under the General - Non-ISU list. It's not the end of the world without it but it'd make quicker navigation for us mafia players.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
NnnnnnnooooOOOOOoooooooo...

jingleheimer_225.jpg

Reactions: cyhiphopp

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Accidentally posted a photo that had the word above on it. Found a new bug as the delete attached photo button does not appear to work.

tadsteinberger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2014
Ames
Would it be possible to add a "drawer" button on the top of the desktop site like the mobile site has (the three lines to the left of the Cyclone Fanatic logo)?
yLpHDCR.jpg

There are ways to get to it on the desktop by going Forums->Forum List, or clicking Teams
IxSVgU6.jpg

but I think it would be useful for navigating the site and the forums if there was button just left of the Cyclone Fanatic logo (just like on the mobile site) that would open this drawer.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Maybe I missed the discussion or need a tutorial but I am annoyed that when I click on a thread (in the recent updates section) that I have to go to page one and and can't select what page I want to go to. I find this really annoying.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Maybe I missed the discussion or need a tutorial but I am annoyed that when I click on a thread (in the recent updates section) that I have to go to page one and and can't select what page I want to go to. I find this really annoying.
Do you mean "go to first new post" feature? If so it is the blue dot next to the thread title.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Do you mean "go to first new post" feature? If so it is the blue dot next to the thread title.

No I am talking about if I go to the "Forum List", then pick a forum "Men's Basketball", then select hover cursor over a thread title I get the option to choose what page I want to click on to view.

However, if I go to the "Recent List" and hover over a thread title I don't get the option of selecting what page in the thread to go to.

This is annoying to me because I usually only use the "Recent List" and seldom go into the "Forum List".

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
No I am talking about if I go to the "Forum List", then pick a forum "Men's Basketball", then select hover cursor over a thread title I get the option to choose what page I want to click on to view.

However, if I go to the "Recent List" and hover over a thread title I don't get the option of selecting what page in the thread to go to.

This is annoying to me because I usually only use the "Recent List" and seldom go into the "Forum List".

The hovering trick works for me in the "recent" and "new post" lists

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Maybe it's something they just fixed. If I understand correctly it just worked for me in the New Posts section. I hovered over the thread title and a list of the last several page numbers appeared.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm liking the new layout more and more. Good job!! Yes there are a few bugs to work out, always to be expected.

Plus: I did figure out how to post pics now, w/ URL. I had to open a PhotoSharing web account, upload the pic there, then paste into URL here, worked fine. I might even like this way better than before. Still, I think being able to link pics off your computer directly to this site, would be a good option. It would save having to upload thru a 3rd party, and save the questions/hassle for those (like me) that didn't/don't know how to do this.

Bug: Is there a current "preview" before you post here, or did that go away?
Bug: did you get the "more options" fixed (when posting a reply)? I'm still afraid to hit that, as I think it just makes the post.
Bug: "upload a file" option appears the same as the "image" icon, but less reliable (when posting a reply). The image icon works the best.

Suggestion: Keep threads like this open (de-bugging/site problems) indefinitley. I had a question months ago, on the old site, as to why I was unable to give people +rep. My problem/question never got resolved. Hopefully w/ the new software/change, we can start from scratch.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Maybe it's something they just fixed. If I understand correctly it just worked for me in the New Posts section. I hovered over the thread title and a list of the last several page numbers appeared.
I take that back. It works for me in New Posts from the drop down but if I select Recent Posts from the Full View it doesn't work for me.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I looked thru and maybe missed it --- but how do you get to the next page(s) of forum threads? Right now I can only see the first page.

Status
Not open for further replies.