Damnit Baylor

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
And it all started Friday night!! Go get em clones!! Oh and Clemson went down today as well.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
West Virginia, TCU, welcome aboard. This is what you signed up for.

Signed,

Murderer's Row, Northern Branch

The State of Oklahoma just met Murderer's Row.

Murderer's Row's theme song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqLco752dVo&feature=related]Murder Incorporated Live in NYC Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - YouTube[/ame]

Reactions: CycloneErik

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Sorry, I'm glad OU lost. I'd rather play a demoralized team than one that's gunning for a shot at the National title. It's not like we're a trap game before they play OSU. I'm pretty sure they saw our game Friday and won't overlook us, so I'd rather play a team that doesn't really have much to play for.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
Sorry, I'm glad OU lost. I'd rather play a demoralized team than one that's gunning for a shot at the National title. It's not like we're a trap game before they play OSU. I'm pretty sure they saw our game Friday and won't overlook us, so I'd rather play a team that doesn't really have much to play for.

Here are recent scores the game after Oklahoma lost in the last three seasons:

2011 vs. Kansas State- 58-17
2010 vs. Texas Tech- 45-7
2010 vs. Colorado- 43-10
2009 vs. Oklahoma State- 27-0
2009 vs. Texas A&M- 62-10
2009 vs. Kansas- 35-13
2009 vs. Baylor- 33-7
2009 vs. Idaho State- 64-0

The Sooners have won by an average of almost 38 points in the game following a loss. They haven't exactly had a lot to play for in some of those situations either. That program has a lot of pride and they don't mess around after losing a game.

SicEmBaylor

Oct 6, 2011
Could even the highest paid hollywood writers have scripted this any better? The two "bottom dwellers" of the Big XII, who the have's of college football said didn't belong in a BCS conference, have both beat top-5 teams in the space of 24 hours and thrown the entire BCS system into an utter tizzy.

F'n-A 'gents...F'n-A!

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Here are recent scores the game after Oklahoma lost in the last three seasons:

2011 vs. Kansas State- 58-17
2010 vs. Texas Tech- 45-7
2010 vs. Colorado- 43-10
2009 vs. Oklahoma State- 27-0
2009 vs. Texas A&M- 62-10
2009 vs. Kansas- 35-13
2009 vs. Baylor- 33-7
2009 vs. Idaho State- 64-0

The Sooners have won by an average of almost 38 points in the game following a loss. They haven't exactly had a lot to play for in some of those situations either. That program has a lot of pride and they don't mess around after losing a game.

What's their average margin of victory when not following a loss? I'd be willing to bet it'd be close to the same. Also, look at some of those teams. Only two of them were good teams in those years.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think I'd rather play OU after them losing last night. The reason being... they are completely out of the national title game now for good. So they really don't have much to play for IMO.

I think a lot of years they would come off of one loss, but it was their only loss, so they still had hopes of making a national title game. This being their second loss of the season I think really depresses them.... hopefully.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
RGIII is an amazing football player, no question a Heisman front runner, who took over the game in order to win at home against OU. Barely.

We got a great team win at home Friday night. It will take that, and more, to win next weekend in Norman.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Who care how the average OU has followed a loss, this is not your average OU team. The loss of Broyles has been devastating. ISU can beat this team. Plus OU will be looking ahead to Bedlam.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Who care how the average OU has followed a loss, this is not your average OU team. The loss of Broyles has been devastating. ISU can beat this team. Plus OU will be looking ahead to Bedlam.

I disagree whole-heartedly that they'll be looking ahead to OSU. One of the unfortunate things about a big nationally televised win over the #2 ranked team in the nation (I just still love being able to type that) is that there will be no element of surprise the rest of this season. OU knows what we did Friday and in no way will over look us after it.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I said 2 weeks ago we would compete with OSU and likely win and I feel the same about this weekend. Our defense again matches up well with OU and even better than it did with OSU especially without Broyles. If Rhoads needs motivation this week, post last years score in the locker room or our overall record against OU.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
If ISU team wants to become the program they want to be then they have to win or at least compete in this game. Truth be told, I don't think that they are there yet and they might indeed get blown out on the road in Norman. One of the problems that Rhoads has is sustaining or building momentum after a big win. The team usually comes out flat, and he has to prove that he has learned how to come out build upon what the team has done.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
We just held the #2 offense to 17pts in regulation. OU's offense is not as good as OSU's with Edwards and Whaley out. Their defense though is damn good. If the offense can execute the same kind of OSU game plan, time consuming drives then this team has a chance.

To win on the road you have to pack a defense. I think ISU's is pretty good.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
We just held the #2 offense to 17pts in regulation. OU's offense is not as good as OSU's with Edwards and Whaley AND Broyles out. Their defense though is damn good. If the offense can execute the same kind of OSU game plan, time consuming drives then this team has a chance.

To win on the road you have to pack a defense. I think ISU's is pretty good.

One minor addition to your list.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Heard that OU suffered some injuries in key positions last night, any one know who they were? I know one was their starting DE and maybe Travis Lewis.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If we keep the game close OU just may choke. They don't handle adversity worth a damn. If we get behind by 14 it's probably game over.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
I think I'd rather play OU after them losing last night. The reason being... they are completely out of the national title game now for good. So they really don't have much to play for IMO.

I think a lot of years they would come off of one loss, but it was their only loss, so they still had hopes of making a national title game. This being their second loss of the season I think really depresses them.... hopefully.

They still have the Big 12 title to play for, though. If they win out, they win the conference, right? I doubt they've forgotten that.