Cyclones Land New Commitment!!!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Jake has more D1 offers(4)...
Care to list those four "D-I" offers? Us, Wyoming, Army and what, Northern Illinois? Or were you counting North Dakota?

Geez can you think anymore negatively. We get a decent recruit and your not happy. Maybe you should of stayed in bed today.
Funny. I'm optimistic about something, and I'm "drinking the koolaid". I'm positive about a recruit like Money Reynolds, and I'm "hyping" him. Now, when I'm realistic about a recruit, merely objecting to the adjective "great", I'm being negative.

The truth is, the kid is a project. He may turn out to be good, eventually he may even turn out great, once he's spent time in a good S&C program. But we don't know that. A nice commitment. Anything to get excited about? I just don't see that.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
How does news about a new commitment turn into this? :no:^

I think it happens because people feel the power of being hidden behind their electronic soap box so they can profess their knowledge or lack there of. Personally when I hear these so called arm chair coaches or people that nothing is good enough(Same people most of the time), put down recruits and our own players, coaches, I assume they must suck at school or their vocation or their life is terrible therefore make others miserable as well.

So in the end, I assume they suck at school/vocation/boyfriend/spouse/friend and look for ways to build themselves up due to their lack of self-esteem. If you look close enough, it is usually the same posters each and every time.
:sad:

Z

Reactions: lakeliving

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
mike was a hell of a good high school player. at grandview now i think? lance had too many concussions and wasnt allowed to play football after sophomore year because of that.

I'm not sure where Mike ended up. I knew Lance was done with sports in general because of concussions. I havn't seen his dad for about a year when I took a new job up in Waverly.

Was it Mike or Lance that bit their tounge off at football camp in Iowa City? That was the worst sounding injury I've ever heard about.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I'm not sure where Mike ended up. I knew Lance was done with sports in general because of concussions. I havn't seen his dad for about a year when I took a new job up in Waverly.

Was it Mike or Lance that bit their tounge off at football camp in Iowa City? That was the worst sounding injury I've ever heard about.
dont remember, probably mike i think. mike could have been a lot better, but i remember that in the summer after his junior year he ****ed up his ankle really bad on a diving board accident and played with a pin down his ankle and a brace that made it so he couldnt hardly move it at all. doctors didnt want him playin sports again after he messed it up but he played anyways.

if i remember right hes playing ball at grandview..

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
Lets go get Matt Hoch in Harlan. I have never seen a motor on a guy, with his size, ever. (I will be 50 within 10 years) If he follows his brother to MIZZOU so be it. If he goes to the Hawks he will end up like most of the other in state recruits that choose the dark side, lost and disoriented. Blum from Walnut and Larson from Atlantic IE.

Oh good God. Tyler Blum(who will have his degree and graduate this year) and Blake Larson(all world in high school who didnt succeed on the fb field, but did in the classroom). You use those 2 examples from the hundreds of kids who have put the Iowa uniform on from this state?? You are right, an instate kid has never succeeded at Iowa. Ive seen it all now.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So in the end, I assume they suck at school/vocation/boyfriend/spouse/friend and look for ways to build themselves up due to their lack of self-esteem. If you look close enough, it is usually the same posters each and every time.
:sad:

Z
Well, you know what they say about assuming. Just, please leave me out of it.

Isn't it nice that you can bag on other users from the anonymity of your computer, just because they might disagree with you? :yes:

Back on topic, I know it's well into the future, but I wonder just what position Jake might end up at. An H-Back, maybe?

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI

Isn't it nice that you can bag on other users from the anonymity of your computer, just because they might disagree with you? :yes:

Back on topic, I know it's well into the future, but I wonder just what position Jake might end up at. An H-Back, maybe?
OLB... his speed and size are legit. he can play LB for us. H-Back would also be a good fit for him because he is a darn good reciever and tough kid

....and you tend to be very negative btw.

Reactions: zach

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
How does news about a new commitment turn into this? :no:^

Thanks for jumping in and assuming I was speaking of you.

And by the way, I think the bolded sentence refers to most of your comments quite well...nicely put!:yes: I personally have nothing against you, however, I find it intersting you would think I would be speaking of you.

Z

Last edited:

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
Aclone, I think I now know what the "A" stands for.

Since you asked - ISU, NIU, Wyoming and Army = 4 D1 offers.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
The name Link is extremely unhelpful in all of my Google searches to help uncover this mystery.:sad:

Help Support Us

Become a patron