Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
Good lord will teams regret passing on him. He makes so many winning plays. Those two 3's at the end were big-time.

I checked and so far, Sacramento is 4-2 when he plays and 0-2 when he does not. He's now averaging 26.8 MIN and 10.6 PPG. His assist-to-turnover ratio is now 7-to-1 and he's shooting 50% from 3.

As soon as I read about a scrawny 3-star kid from Wisconsin that had a strange shot signing with ISU, I totally knew he'd be a lottery pick ... :)
I think Patrick Williams will be a good player, but the Bulls really had to be kicking themselves watching Tyrese tear them up in the fourth quarter last night. That was awesome to watch.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think Patrick Williams will be a good player, but the Bulls really had to be kicking themselves watching Tyrese tear them up in the fourth quarter last night. That was awesome to watch.

To be fair, everyone should be kicking themselves about Tyrese. He was the most NBA ready player in the draft.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
What's the realistic ceiling for Tyrese and THT?

Barring injury, both seem to have very high floors as well as flashes of superstar potential and seem to be in great systems that see their value and have displayed a desire to maximize their talents. LBJ being THT's extended agent seems very advantageous to his career trajectory and I don't think SAC could be more pleased with TH than they already are.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
tyrese is a baller. incredible to be winning games in the 4th quarter 6 games into his career.

he's going to sign a max deal in 3 years at this rate.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Halliburton just has the “it” factor. He will most likely never be a high volume scorer and an every year all star, still could be, but he absolutely is that glue guy that every team needs like a Draymond Green during the warriors run. He makes so many winning basketball plays and that is infectious. He has such a good understanding of the flow of the game, where people should be, and seeing 2 and 3 steps ahead. That is rare, especially for a rookie. I hope he proves me wrong and is a perennial all star but there is nothing wrong in being a Draymond type.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Halliburton just has the “it” factor. He will most likely never be a high volume scorer and an every year all star, still could be, but he absolutely is that glue guy that every team needs like a Draymond Green during the warriors run. He makes so many winning basketball plays and that is infectious. He has such a good understanding of the flow of the game, where people should be, and seeing 2 and 3 steps ahead. That is rare, especially for a rookie. I hope he proves me wrong and is a perennial all star but there is nothing wrong in being a Draymond type.
If he can be like Draymond Green without being "like" Draymond Green... then he'll be the best glue guy possible. I know you always like that kind of player when they're on you team, but man. Draymond's antics just annoy me. Tyrese is the exact opposite in that regard and I love him even more for it.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Chance to see Monte and company on national TV tonight:
1610046412524.png

Also a chance to see Campazzo's former backcourt partner at Real Madrid, MVP candidate Luka Doncic.

Reactions: isutrevman

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer - whom I respect - has a piece out today on how the Lakers have more talent than last year and he saves part of his time for THT. It's an interesting piece if you like NBA hoops and/or are pulling for THT. He goes into Talen's unusual style and body type. Check for an intro on THT at the 0:47 mark and the section on him at 10:07.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer - whom I respect - has a piece out today on how the Lakers have more talent than last year and he saves part of his time for THT. It's an interesting piece if you like NBA hoops and/or are pulling for THT. He goes into Talen's unusual style and body type. Check for an intro on THT at the 0:47 mark and the section on him at 10:07.

The Lakers are considerably better than last year IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
What's the realistic ceiling for Tyrese and THT?

Barring injury, both seem to have very high floors as well as flashes of superstar potential and seem to be in great systems that see their value and have displayed a desire to maximize their talents. LBJ being THT's extended agent seems very advantageous to his career trajectory and I don't think SAC could be more pleased with TH than they already are.

THT can't hold TH's jockstrap IMO.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
He also had a huge block very late in this game when the Bulls were threatening to tie it up.

I couldn't see it but saw it on ESPN's gamecast.

I'm mad that I missed the game. I have NBA league pass but the bulls and t-wolves (last couple of Nuggets games) games are blacked out on the App. For some reason my league pass hasn't linked up correctly with my Dish subscription. I need to call but haven't taken the time.

Help Support Us

Become a patron