Alert: Cyclone Fanatic loses a diehard fan & good friend – RIP CTAClone

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Funny, just the other day I was thinking to myself that I hadn't heard from "the filmmaker" (couldn't remember CTA's handle at the time) in quite awhile, thinking he must have moved onto bigger and better things with his life. Sucks to be absolutely wrong about that assessment, because that would have been a much better alternative to losing a battle with cancer.

Never met him personally, but CTA was one of the first people to welcome me to the site all the way back in the fall of 2006, and he was always a great conversationalist. He didn't always agree with your opinion, but he respected it as long as you stayed in line.

I'll miss him greatly.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
CTA helped me out when I first joined this site.He was a blast to play mafia with as well.RIP buddy...you'll be dearly missed.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
When I first got on the site, I had a lot of conversations with CTA about a lot of different things, some just about life, some about basketball. He was a great guy, who did a lot of things in his 33 years.
:notworthy: Rest in Peace, my friend.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Tad was a great guy, and embodied the spirit of the Cyclone. He was adventurous, hard-working, kind, and brave. He lived life to the fullest in his short time, and I will always remember him.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
CTA packed a full life in his short 33 years...he is a reminder to live life to the fullest because you never know when it will be gone.

Anyone who played mafia early on knew how fun he was to deal with.

RIP CTA.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
I hate cancer. But I especially hate seeing cancer take someone so young.
It is beyond time to find a cure. Lets get it done.
RIP CTA

This.

I easily get teary-eyed when I hear of someone dying before their time due to cancer.

Those that fight this fight are the most courageous people I've ever met. The struggle forever changes those that fight it and their loved ones.

My public service announcement: Approximately 40% of all Americans will be diagnosed with cancer at some point in their lifetimes. Yes, that stat is correct. Get your screenings done. For men, that means get your prostate examined, get your colonoscopy if you're over 50. Get an annual exam by a doc.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
To an on-line friend. I was amazed by the strength you had through this. You kept your humor, just amazing. You are missed.
GO Cyclones!

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
Cyclone Fanatics –

I hate to be the guy who makes this post, but a valuable member of our team here at CF and longtime moderator CTAClone has lost his courageous battle with cancer. We learned of the news over the weekend.

While CTAClone was more active with the site before I came on board in the fall of 2009, I feel like I know him well based off of what other longtime moderators have told me and our thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this rough time.

So please, take a minute to think of CTAClone and his family today as once again, we are reminded that there are more important things in life than a game.

CTAClone was as big of a Cyclone fan as there is in this world so today, our entire Cyclone family mourns this loss.

RIP CTAClone.

I've linked his obituary below if you'd like to read more.

Quad Cities Obituaries

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron