*** Cyclone Fanatic Cereal Tournament: Sweet Sixteen ***

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Corn Flakes were actually created by accident after Kellogg left a batch of his wheat-based cereal dough out overnight causing it to ferment.

"According to company history, it was one night in 1898 when a batch of wheat-based cereal dough was accidentally left out for an extended period of time, causing it to ferment. When rolled out into thin sheets, the slightly moldy dough produced perfect large, thin flakes that became crispy and tasty in the oven. Over the next several years, Will Kellogg kept experimenting with the recipe and figured out that corn, rather than wheat, produced even crunchier, crispier flakes."
That makes me remember the movie The Road to Wellville where this was a side story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonzo

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Partial response to inquiry from @jbhtexas in the R64 thread.

“So are we going to get a W/L breakdown by conference, i.e. Kelloggs, General Mills, Post, Nestle, etc.?”

I don’t have the full tournament summary, but here’s the Sweet 16 by company "conference." Arranged alpha by seed line. If anyone spots errors, please alert.

Kellogg’s (6)
(C1) Corn Flakes
(R1) Rice Krispies
(W1) Frosted Flakes
(C3) Froot Loops
(R5) Apple Jacks
(O8) Frosted Mini-Wheats

General Mills (5)
(O2) Lucky Charms
(R2) Cinnamon Toast Crunch
(W2) Honey Nut Cheerios
(R3) Trix
(C4) Cocoa Puffs

Post (3)
(O3) Cocoa Pebbles
(W3) Fruity Pebbles
(W4) Raisin Bran

Quaker (2)
(C1) Cap’n Crunch
(O4) Cap’n Crunch’s Crunch Berries

None: Malt-o-Meal (S’mores), Independent (Granola) … note: Nestle does Shredded Wheat in UK, but it’s Post worldwide.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Fruit loops people? Have any of you above the age of 25 ate this since you were a kid? It’s ******* artificial flavored trash. Only kids should like it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If my choice is masturbation or cornfuckingflakes

Shut the door....
footy-vacuum.gif

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Partial response to inquiry from @jbhtexas in the R64 thread.

“So are we going to get a W/L breakdown by conference, i.e. Kelloggs, General Mills, Post, Nestle, etc.?”

I don’t have the full tournament summary, but here’s the Sweet 16 by company "conference." Arranged alpha by seed line. If anyone spots errors, please alert.

Kellogg’s (6)
(C1) Corn Flakes
(R1) Rice Krispies
(W1) Frosted Flakes
(C3) Froot Loops
(R5) Apple Jacks
(O8) Frosted Mini-Wheats

General Mills (5)
(O2) Lucky Charms
(R2) Cinnamon Toast Crunch
(W2) Honey Nut Cheerios
(R3) Trix
(C4) Cocoa Puffs

Post (3)
(O3) Cocoa Pebbles
(W3) Fruity Pebbles
(W4) Raisin Bran

Quaker (2)
(C1) Cap’n Crunch
(O4) Cap’n Crunch’s Crunch Berries

None: Malt-o-Meal (S’mores), Independent (Granola) … note: Nestle does Shredded Wheat in UK, but it’s Post worldwide.
Time for WeWill to put Kellogg’s out of business.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Based on the number of sugary kids cereals still in the running.... most of you are letting your kids vote OR you eat horribly.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY and cyfanatic