*** Cyclone Fanatic Cereal Tournament: Round of 32 ***

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I never got the appeal of regular Cheerios. They are bland and need add-ins to make them enjoyable. I'm voting on how things are without adding fruit/sugar/etc.

In the same vein, I'm torn on the Raisin Bran/Corn Pops vote. Regular Raisin Bran is ok, but Raisin Bran Crunch would easily get the nod over Corn Pops.
I'm in your camp, I didn't vote for Cheerios, either.

That said, I easily pick corn pops over raisin bran. But I loathe raisins.

As an aside, it makes me chuckle that Corn Pops are in the Wheat region.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I never got the appeal of regular Cheerios. They are bland and need add-ins to make them enjoyable. I'm voting on how things are without adding fruit/sugar/etc.

I think a lot of us parents have a soft spot for Cheerios as the choice for any weaning/teething baby. A few Cheerios on a high chair would buy you 15 minutes of peace and quiet.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I do not support (6)Honey Bunches of Oats beating (3)Fruity Pebbles. If those of you who haven't voted yet could please turn that around I'd appreciate it.
Certainly not a fan of Fruity Pebbles, but I'll back them in this matchup.

Reactions: cycloner29

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I do not support (6)Honey Bunches of Oats beating (3)Fruity Pebbles. If those of you who haven't voted yet could please turn that around I'd appreciate it.
Big fan of fruity pebbles. I can eat a whole box of those beauties and not feel the least bit guilty. Honey Bunches of Oats are damn good though.

Reactions: Tailg8er

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
This will probably invalidate any of my votes, but now I'm curious.... how often do y'all eat cereal? Admittedly, I haven't had a bowl in years so I'm surprised there are so many strong opinions.

Reactions: NENick

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
This will probably invalidate any of my votes, but now I'm curious.... how often do y'all eat cereal? Admittedly, I haven't had a bowl in years so I'm surprised there are so many strong opinions.
Very rarely. Although I do get a hankering for Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Golden Grahams about once or twice a year. I actually just tried one of the Magic Spoon grain-free cereals. The cinnamon one was not bad. A little pricey, but considering some of the other breakfast choices I make, it was reasonable.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I have two teenagers, cereal is one thing they like and my wife never buys the same thing twice in a row (she does this with everything…different shampoo and other toiletries, for example), so there is always some different cereal in the house.

I indulge.

• Wow
Reactions: NWICY and nrg4isu

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I usually eat cereal on weekends, unless I make a big breakfast that doubles as lunch.
Weekdays are for yogurt, fruit or a granola bar.

• Winner
Reactions: NENick

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Not all that often anymore. But i did recently buy a couple boxes (lucky charms and pb captain crunch actually, so its funny they matched up here).

Help Support Us

Become a patron