Cyclone Alley FLOP

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
74 signed up so far with 419 invited. Good sign that the number invited keeps rising but could always use many more.

My tentative plan..

-I'll be printing out flyers with instructions (not sure how many) and pass them out in the line before the doors open, and inside once the seats start to fill up.

-Instructions will be as follows:
-The flop will be a glorified fall back into your chair and/or friends. Be sure to really make a show of it. Yell as you fall over, throw your arms into the air, and act like somebody just knocked you across the face with a brick.

-At the front of the student section, there will be a couple of signs which read "FLOP". The sign will be held up before his introduction, during the select free-throws, and immediately following an obvious Smart flop.

-Once you see the sign, prepare to flop. Be sure to remind all of those around you that it's coming up.
-Introduction
-As you know, this typically involves *clap,clap,clap,clap,clap* "You suck!". We'll be replacing this with *clap,clap,clap,clap,clap* "You FLOP!" and fall as you yell flop!
-Free Throws
-we will flop just before he releases the basketball. NOTE: This will only occur once. Maybe twice.
-After his own flop
-watch the front for a count of 3. It will probably end up looking like a wave, with the front flopping first.

Then I'll have the name of the facebook group for people to go to via their phones (before the game of course) in case they have any questions.

I know it's wordy, and it'll look better once I have the finished product. But do you guys have any thoughts? Things to take out, things to change, or things to add? Some different times that we should do it, or if the idea for the introduction would even work best that way?

Last edited:

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
74 signed up so far with 419 invited. Good sign that the number invited keeps rising but could always use many more.

My tentative plan..

-I'll be printing out flyers with instructions (not sure how many) and pass them out in the line before the doors open, and inside once the seats start to fill up.

-The flop will be a glorified fall back into your chair and/or friends. Be sure to really make a show of it. Yell as you fall over, throw your arms into the air, and act like somebody just knocked you across the face with a brick.

-At the front of the student section, there will be a couple of signs which read "FLOP". The sign will be held up before his introduction, during the select free-throws, and immediately following an obvious Smart flop.

-Once you see the sign, prepare to flop. Be sure to remind all of those around you that it's coming up.
-Introduction
-As you know, this typically involves *clap,clap,clap,clap,clap* "You suck!". We'll be replacing this with *clap,clap,clap,clap,clap* "You FLOP!" and fall as you yell flop!
-Free Throws
-we will flop exactly when he is releasing the basketball. NOTE: This will only occur once. Maybe twice.
-After his own flop
-watch the front for a count of 3. It will probably end up looking like a wave, with the front flopping first.

Then I'll have the name of the facebook group for people to go to via their phones (before the game of course) in case they have any questions.

I know it's wordy, and it'll look better once I have the finished product. But do you guys have any thoughts? Things to take out, things to change, or things to add? Some different times that we should do it, or if the idea for the introduction would even work best that way?

This would be great. Except for on the free throws you need to flop about a second before his release. It would have no effect on him if you wait to do it while he is already in his form. Also, I liked someone's idea of incessantly yelling FLOP FLOP FLOP every time he touches the ball, like how we booed what's his nuts from WV.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
This would be great. Except for on the free throws you need to flop about a second before his release. It would have no effect on him if you wait to do it while he is already in his form. Also, I liked someone's idea of incessantly yelling FLOP FLOP FLOP every time he touches the ball, like how we booed what's his nuts from WV.

I love that idea. And yeah, I changed it to just before. Guess I just wanted to make sure there was a definite time to do it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

My tentative plan..

-Introduction
-Free Throws
-we will flop exactly when he is releasing the basketball. NOTE: This will only occur once. Maybe twice.
-After his own flop

Better to do the flop shortly after the ref gives him the ball for the free throw. Don't wait until the release of the shot. That is way too late to impact the shot. Make him think about what you are doing rather than focusing on his shot. Break his concentration before he gets into his FT routine.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Better to do the flop shortly after the ref gives him the ball for the free throw. Don't wait until the release of the shot. That is way too late to impact the shot. Make him think about what you are doing rather than focusing on his shot. Break his concentration before he gets into his FT routine.

Beat ya to it.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny

My tentative plan..

-Introduction
-Free Throws
-we will flop just before he releases the basketball. NOTE: This will only occur once. Maybe twice.
-After his own flop

Great plan. I see you plan on only performing the flop a few times on ft. Good idea. I will suggest something that another poster commented earlier on for Smart ft attempts. Just like the annoying sea gulls in Finding Nemo when they say "mine" "mine" "mine", switch it with everyone randomly stating "flop" "flop" "flop". The band at times does a chant (I have no idea what they are saying) that always sounds like the monkeys at Blank Park Zoo. Just a thought. Great work!!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I really really hope the CA committee members don't try to shoot this down.

If CAC doesn't like it, have your own signs and do it anyway, even if only with your own section and the band.

And I think you should have something ready each time Smart takes a FT, not just the first one. Sometimes, everybody flop. Sometimes only people on the left or right flop. Sometimes, just say flop. You get the idea.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
The ONLY negative I can see is people worried about injuries.
But I'm still all for it. People need to make sure they're selling the flop too with massive overacting.

We have a bunch of sassies if people are legit worried about injuries for this. Haha, get outta here.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Do it for multiple free throws. I can see this whole orchestrated flop being about 50% of students at the beginning, but do it a few times, and towards the end there should be close to all students doing it (provided were not getting our *** kicked.)

Probably won't have a huge effect on Smart after the first one, but has the potential to look epic on television.

Mgikflwr

Oct 3, 2012
I-O-WAY
www.twitter.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . \)
If this can be pulled off, even if its just during the introduction, this will make the news and all popular inter-webs...I seriously hope this can be pulled off. If I was allowed in the student section I would come help! I'd also flop, though where I am sitting I don't think the impact would be great and people might think I passed out. Giant Kudos to you!!!

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
A massive FLOP when he is announced during starting lineup would probably make sportscenter

Great idea! I expect the administration types and "nannies" will interfere with your great idea. They always come up with "safety first" arguments.

Much like having "gotcha" cameras on every street corner ... The ole Safety First BS.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Great idea! I expect the administration types and "nannies" will interfere with your great idea. They always come up with "safety first" arguments.

Much like having "gotcha" cameras on every street corner ... The ole Safety First BS.

The administration can't control us. We'll get it done.