Cyclone Alley FLOP

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Fanatics, the idea of having a large-scale Cyclone Alley flop in response to Marcus Smarts..ehem..abilities, has been tossed around here for awhile. I don't expect the CAC to go the extra mile and get this thing organized, so I'm doing what I can.

With that said, I've created an event on Facebook which you can find in the link below. If you're a student heading to the game, please join and pass it along to other friends/students that you know might be there. And if you're not a student go ahead and post the event for any friends of yours that are students and might be going.

Obviously more to do than just create a Facebook group, but its a start.

https://www.facebook.com/events/295504400601372/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
A massive FLOP when he is announced during starting lineup would probably make sportscenter

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Get on your twitter devices its the opiate of the masses

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Organize a flop for the starting line up and every time he shoots a free throw. Set up specific instructions on what to do and when to do it, put it on that internet page. Then make a sign with that facebook page link, and hold it up at the front of the student section so they all can look it up on their phones (before the game).

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Will Cyclone Alley be apologizing for the flop?

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
A massive FLOP when he is announced during starting lineup would probably make sportscenter

This is a good idea. The starting line-up flop would give everyone the exact moment to do it without much instruction. Another flop when he is at the free-throw line would be great, and perhaps when he actually has a flop of his own.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I'm giving this a 12% chance of success. Really hope it works out though.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
I'm giving this a 12% chance of success. Really hope it works out though.

In the absolute worst case scenario, there will be large pockets of students doing this. I have a very large group at each game that will definitely be participating. I'm sure a lot of students on here have groups that they go with. Word will be passed in line that day and while we're waiting in Hilton between the doors opening and game time. And the hope is that the facebook event page reaches many. 36 already listed as "going" with nearly 400 more invited (when I started the page, I had invited 40).

In the best case scenario, epic-ness will ensue.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
How is it not a requirement to be a member of CF if you're a student at ISU. It should be like, "there's the laundry room, here's your lanyard, here's instructions of setting up an account on CF"

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Would it be good to tweet something to Travis Hines, Randy Peterson, and/or Dean Burhow-Goll and see about a possible retweet or story to raise some awareness, or would involving the media ruin the affect of the flop itself?

Might also help if the band was involved, but I'm not sure how to contact them. Any pep-banders on here willing to spread the word?

Last edited: