Cyclone Alley at AHS game

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale
Heck yes!

Todd Blythe. Chris Street. Casey Blake.

I didn't know we were just throwing random semi-famous people from my hometown out (other than Blake.) Let me get work on my semi-famous list. Btw, no one has heard of Chris Street? outside of you indianola homers. Since you're so good at basketball, you guys got any other sports that are good to complement you're allstar basketball team?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I didn't know we were just throwing random semi-famous people from my hometown out (other than Blake.) Let me get work on my semi-famous list. Btw, no one has heard of Chris Street? outside of you indianola homers. Since you're so good at basketball, you guys got any other sports that are good to complement you're allstar basketball team?

Nobody has heard of Chris Street? Are you serious?

Semi-famous eh? I guess ISU fans don't appreciate Blythe. And I guess the Indians (and the Dodgers) don't appreciate Blake.

And yes, actually. Indianola has won 3 straight CIML wrestling championships, has the 10th rated girls bball team in the state, and was a rather successful football school in the 90's (not so much after 2002, when coach Dave Summy was arrested for participating in a gambling ring).

Let's not forget successful volleyball and softball programs.

CycloneNick

Mar 5, 2008

Joel West used to model for Calvin Klein. He was kind of a fruit cup though. We were playing pick up basketball once at an outdoor court and he was supposed to be a skin, but refused because he needed to work on his tan.

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale
Nobody has heard of Chris Street? Are you serious?

Semi-famous eh? I guess ISU fans don't appreciate Blythe. And I guess the Indians (and the Dodgers) don't appreciate Blake.

And yes, actually. Indianola has won 3 straight CIML wrestling championships, has the 10th rated girls bball team in the state, and was a rather successful football school in the 90's (not so much after 2002, when coach Dave Summy was arrested for participating in a gambling ring).

Let's not forget successful volleyball and softball programs.

By semi-famous, I mean not many people know them outside of Iowa. So yes, Todd Blythe is semi-famous. That doesn't mean I didn't appreciate him. I don't even need to say anything about Summy, thanks for insulting yourself.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
nick... you really arent making any friends tonight. maybe you should shut the computer down and get some rest?

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Has this really turned into an "Indianola represent" thread? Relax, fellas.

Nick Davis, it is obvious that we are desperate to land Barnes. So what? Why play coy? Besides, he isn't just "anyone good". He would be the best recruit ISU has ever gotten. The only reason we have a chance is because he's from Ames.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I suppose it's a crime for me as a big sports fan to hope Ames makes the state tournament? I've worked their since I was a sophomore in high school, so this will be my 10th year there. I'm really looking forward to watching Harrison play.

If Ames played any games in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area, you know I would go watch him play once. I suppose that is a crime too, wanting to go watch a basketball player with mad skills like that?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Jimmie Bennie and Brent Barz sure went on to have great college careers.

MillerTime

Sep 29, 2008
Ames
By semi-famous, I mean not many people know them outside of Iowa. So yes, Todd Blythe is semi-famous. That doesn't mean I didn't appreciate him. I don't even need to say anything about Summy, thanks for insulting yourself.

You're really reminding me of "that guy" who digs himself into a hole and tries to work his way out of it by acting like he knows what he's talking about. While in all actuality, you're just digging a deeper and deeper hole. And you're right, no one outside of Iowa knows who Todd Blythe is. Disregard the fact that he was on an NFL team, albeit a short stint. But I suppose YOU'VE done more with your life. Judging by your picture, I'm guessing you weren't an NFL prospect. Get a life. We're all on here for the same reason, quit being a Negative Nancy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron