CY to take mascot position at Stanford.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I heard a rumor that CY was the top candidate at Stanford. Looks like they finally want to replace that godawful tree and want a dominant mascot that actually looks like a Cardinal.
Word is the relationship between CY and Jamie Pollard has been rather chilly of late as well, as CY is a little miffed the mascot budget wasnt increased after the wins in online competitions.

Can anyone confirm?

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Considering JP went to the "I-State" thing, I wouldn't be surprised if Cy was upset with the administration here.

Best of luck to him on the left coast. :)

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
It would be for the greater good if Stanford took the tree out to his brethren in the middle of a forest and planted it.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Press conference scheduled for 11:47 PM tonight to confirm Cy accepting the Stanford job. Nationwide search for Cy's replacement starts on Monday.

Awesome job by the OP.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
032001tree.jpg

I heard that the other leading candidate was the UC-Santa Cruz Banana Slug.

bluegoldblack400.jpg

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I heard a rumor that CY was the top candidate at Stanford. Looks like they finally want to replace that godawful tree and want a dominant mascot that actually looks like a Cardinal.
Word is the relationship between CY and Jamie Pollard has been rather chilly of late as well, as CY is a little miffed the mascot budget wasnt increased after the wins in online competitions.

Can anyone confirm?

Also:
Iowa State University has decided that it can no longer afford icons. In a sweeping budget move the University is set to eradicate all icons of the University. The first to go will be the Campanile, followed by paving of Lake LaVerne. All logos will have their trademark liscenses auctioned of on e-bay.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Are you kidding me? The Stanford Tree is the best mascot in the freaking nation. It's a drunk tree. Think about that for a minute... A DRUNK TREE. It's awesome! I'd trade Herky for it in a second!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron