Cy Hawk Rivalry

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
SEC hasn’t been hurt by scheduling FCS schools and only playing 8 conference games.

I think SOS should be a major factor but I honestly I don’t think it’s as a big a factor as it should be...

SEC media bias (#fakenews)

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
SEC hasn’t been hurt by scheduling FCS schools and only playing 8 conference games.

I think SOS should be a major factor but I honestly I don’t think it’s as a big a factor as it should be...

The SEC has never been hurt by scheduling because the Playoff Committee is able to move the goal posts as they see fit...

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
The SEC has never been hurt by scheduling because the Playoff Committee is able to move the goal posts as they see fit...

Not saying they don't get preferential treatment, cause they do, but they have also earned that treatment and have backed it up.

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not saying they don't get preferential treatment, cause they do, but they have also earned that treatment and have backed it up.

I agree the SEC has backed it up but that's not the point. There should be zero variability in the selection criteria from year to year. The 4 team playoff is nothing but a money grab and the SEC has been the beneficiary.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Last time I checked we play 3 non-conference games, why would we drop Iowa to play another P5 school? I’d be infavor of not playing a FCS schools for a P5 school.
The game brings in too much money for either school to want to discontinue the series.

I'd rather play a team that if we beat we get credit for instead of a Big Ten West team

Big Clone Guy

Jul 2, 2019
I'd rather play a team that if we beat we get credit for instead of a Big Ten West team
It would cool if we dropped the FCS game to start a series with an old Big 12 school, like Missouri or Colorado.

Ok, say we drop Iowa, who do you replace them with that makes our schedule better?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I've been advocating a 2 year on, 2 year off schedule when it comes to the CyHawk Game. Keeps the game alive and allows for more interesting OOC scheduling.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I've been advocating a 2 year on, 2 year off schedule when it comes to the CyHawk Game. Keeps the game alive and allows for more interesting OOC scheduling.

That'd be way better than the current situation but it'll never happen unfortunately

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
That'd be way better than the current situation but it'll never happen unfortunately

Both schools make a lot of money off the game as it is, as well as the sponsors.

Those advocating to drop the game altogether would likely be very underwhelmed at the actual replacements both teams would have available for scheduling. Even if Iowa or ISU were able to pull a big SEC Home and Home, that would be a few years off and only gives you two years of solid games with no guarantee that you are going to continue to be able to schedule top tier games. Neither school is Ohio State or Oklahoma. Teams are not clamoring to get either of us on the schedule. We might be able to get other FBS teams to bite, but they aren't all going to be winners and none of them will have the intrigue and importance of the CyHawk game.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Just like McCarney owned KF
But when that was happening, the narrative was that Kirk was rebuilding the Iowa program and it would take time to beat the rival with the tenured head coach. Oh and "all-time record", little brother, blah blah blah.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
But when that was happening, the narrative was that Kirk was rebuilding the Iowa program and it would take time to beat the rival with the tenured head coach. Oh and "all-time record", little brother, blah blah blah.
Sounds familiar