Cy Hawk Rivalry

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Nate Stanley says,I' send you a kiss after my team boys & I beat ya,actually I wont because I'm not a punk lika Georgey girl

MadeupColdHen-size_restricted.gif

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I have to call BS on that one, look its a rivalry game, most of your fans hate us, most of our fans hate you. Nothing more, nothing less. But can you at least be educated about it.

Favorite myths on the Iowa boards.

The game is ISU's super bowl, they would be happy going 1-11 if that one win is against Iowa.
ISU would be broke if the series ever goes away.
JP is going to bankrupt ISU and the state will have to make up the difference.
Cael left because he could not stand Pollard.
The Mayor left for the same reason.
Pollard was the one that dropped the baseball program.
Every kid in the state grows up wanting to play for Iowa.
Ames is a garbage dump of a town, and is nothing like the great Iowa City.
ISU is a rouge program and the athletes admitted there would never get in at Iowa.

Enough or do you want me to add more?

If you're using message boards as the barometer of the average Iowa fan, you're way off base. Message board populations represent the more extreme elements of every fan base. You're talking about what, maybe five thousands fans who post on Iowa boards?

I can't say for certain on this, since I haven't been on an Iowa board in years, but I have a hard time believing the majority of those fans actually believe even half of the myths you listed here, much less a majority of the fan base at large.

• Agree
Reactions: BLHawk

real twin

Jun 22, 2019
But I am not talking about outsiders, the people saying it are Iowa fans. Its almost like a badge of courage over there that they never watch an ISU game other than when they play Iowa. Like its somehow beneath them to watch one of our games. I watch Iowa when I am not either at the ISU game or they are not on TV, now I do root for the other team, but I do watch.
Every Iowa fb game is on TV

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I was wondering. I was trying to find it somewhere last year and had no luck doing so.

I'm sure you did. Just for the record I clearly stated ALMOST EVERY IOWA STATE GAME IS ON TV.