Cy-Hawk Game This Year: Revenge or Just Shutting Up Their Idiot Fans?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Let's just win the game.

This.

As much as I despise that fanbase and would love to drive them over the edge by pulverizing their football team, it's just another team we need to beat. There are 9 other games more important than this one but have to win this one to take the next step.

Reactions: CyTwins

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
They’ve never looked that good in the Campbell era and he can’t beat them. He struggles with UNI.

Negative streaks and patterns bother me, especially when they start driving narratives.

I want to crush UNI and beat Iowa to quiet those factual yet annoying narratives about how we’ve sipped sh*t against these programs.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This will be the biggest game in series history. So many factors at play:

No game last season. Full crowds returning. Both teams top 15. Iowa State's best chance of a CFP berth. Iowa the spoiler in a reversal of typical roles. Iowa State will be favored.

The pressure is on Iowa State and that scares me. Obviously we have enough firepower to win, especially at home, but Iowa is a good program and will have a good team. I suspect we'll have a Heacock special waiting for Petras. It will be his first game in front of a crowd, and it's against a confusing and atypical defense.

ISU having some motivation to not winning the game yet under CMC should serve as enough to take any pressure off and just go out and play.

They had multiple 'biggest game/drive/etc. in program history' type of games last year and with exception to a poor start in the B12 title game held things in check just fine.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
FPI has them at like a 40% chance of making the CFP and in the top 4. You guys are that good. Not sure how Iowa stands any type of chance against you all and I am being serious. The more I think about this game the more I think Iowa loses by a score of 35-20.

Everyone knows that FPI is a joke and just click bait. It only takes into consideration returning players and returning production. Of course ISU is going to rate highly there. It does not take into account recruiting rankings or players that are really good, but have been waiting their turn. Teams like tOSU and Clemson...they are replacing their QBs, which hurts returning production, but the guys they have starting will be plenty good. I'm not going to say they could name the score on ISU, but they'd definitely be favored by 7-10 at least.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Honest question, besides Iowa, what quality P5 opponent has ISU scheduled recently with their success?

Honest question, what P5 teams has iowa scheduled in the nonconference after the B10 moved to 9 conference games?

Reactions: TruClone

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
How is it possible IA makes no mistakes when according to most of this board they have the worst coaching staff in CFB? I mean, they had a punter kick the ball off the ground last year!

I wouldn't know because I don't watch their games, but I do know that they haven't had a single turnover against ISU since 2015. Whatever their coaching staff is doing, it has been working at least for that game.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
Much as I'd love to see us kick the **** out of the Squawkeyes, (and that's a lot of kickin'), in reality, this is just the second rung in our climb up the ratings ladder to ensure our placement in the National Championship Football Final Four, (I ain't sure of the official name)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1IN2021

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Honest question, what P5 teams has iowa scheduled in the nonconference after the B10 moved to 9 conference games?
Neither team has since both conferences went to a 9 game schedule. If you look at the team EIU scheduled when they were playing 8 games, the P5 schools they were playing were middle of the road to horrible teams. Looking at those teams records the year they played EIU, only one team ended up with a winning record on the season. Some were like Syracuse and were horrible to average teams like Pitt and Arizona. But that did not stop the EIU fan base from saying that ISU cannot find any other P5 team to play, or how they were already scheduling 10 P5 games a year.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
With Iowa's d-line needing development and Doyle being gone I think this is our game to lose. Our offensive line stands to be maybe the best in a long time, if ever. Our defense is nasty, it's in our house and our fans are ******* blood thirsty. The beating is coming.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
With Iowa's d-line needing development and Doyle being gone I think this is our game to lose. Our offensive line stands to be maybe the best in a long time, if ever. Our defense is nasty, it's in our house and our fans are ******* blood thirsty. The beating is coming.

Blood thirsty, I love it. The people at the games last year were absolute maniacs during games. I can’t imagine what 61500 fans will be like when they come to town this year after missing last season’s success. Even jerry world was a heavy cyclone noise/presence.

Petras is going to piss his pants seeing our defense and crowd on the many third downs he has to face with Will McDonald breathing down his neck.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron