Cy-Hawk Game This Year: Revenge or Just Shutting Up Their Idiot Fans?

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020
I know it was said a few pages ago but basically how you beat Iowa is by not making any mistakes. If our special teams can clean up their game, don't throw any picks, and no fumbles, we definitely have a chance to win. The thing about Iowa is that they don't make mistakes. It's pretty rare for them. Would love to see us force some turnovers.

How is it possible IA makes no mistakes when according to most of this board they have the worst coaching staff in CFB? I mean, they had a punter kick the ball off the ground last year!

• Funny
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
the thing about Iowa though and running teams in general, is that they tend to make less mistakes because their run game is the main part of their offense. You can erase the potential of turnovers if you're just running the ball. And ironically, we're now playing a pretty similar style to Iowa with our running game and use of TE's. I honestly think our OL can finally stand up to Iowa's DL. If Breece has a big day, it could be trouble for the Hawkws.
Yeah we are a hybrid of a lot of offenses. Certainly not your prototypical Big 12 Offense. The game is a long ways away but I think if we score 24+ points, we win. I think Iowa’s going to have a tough time putting up points against us.

cysmiley

Jun 30, 2012
We scored 1 TD in between West Virginia’s FGs in a quarter. Not exactly putting the pedal to the floor.

I just don’t think Campbell cares. Our dominating games are workman like not flashy. And I doubt that changed against Iowa.
Yep, and we took a knee to end the game in field goal range, so there's that.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
How is it possible IA makes no mistakes when according to most of this board they have the worst coaching staff in CFB? I mean, they had a punter kick the ball off the ground last year!

Link? Who said they have the worst coaching staff in CFB?

You're digging there buddy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Football minded, they have some terrific coaches. Personality and character wise? Some of the worst in the business.

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020
Football minded, they have some terrific coaches. Personality and character wise? Some of the worst in the business.

Agree with you. Stunning they can get good recruiting classes in there with such scum. More stunning the program gets a lot of respect from college and NFL circles.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Agree with you. Stunning they can get good recruiting classes in there with such scum. More stunning the program gets a lot of respect from college and NFL circles.
Stunning that you think something like this isn’t important and won’t have lasting effects on the recruiting and program.. It will, it already has, and it will only continue to get worse until Kirk and Brian are gone and their culture they’ve instilled leaves with them.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
One of my biggest gripes is finding some greasy hoks sitting near me. I'm thinking, how in the hell did they get the tickets? So I ask, because I'm very inquisitive, and they said the people that have the season tickets there sold them the tickets. JFC! Don't do it. Just don't sell or give tickets to some greasy hoks.

Honest question but does JP even sell single game tickets to the general public this year for the Iowa game? My money is on no.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Honest question but does JP even sell single game tickets to the general public this year for the Iowa game? My money is on no.
I doubt there will be any available. ISU season ticket holders will gobble those up.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The run game is going to have to be ready to go for us. Something that will help us is already playing a very good opponent. IU is going to be borderline top 10 heading into the season, so the team is getting thrown in the fire early.

When's the last time Iowa has ran the ball well against ISU? I don't see that changing this year.

Reactions: CyTwins

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Penix was the X-factor for them. IU returns the Big 10 WR of the year, a very good defense, one of the best TE’s in the Big 10, and obviously Penix. Their only real big question mark is their OL.
The other BIG question mark is will Penix be ready after that injury? Hoks are lucky to get IU early.

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
Have you ever witnessed an event that did shut their idiot fans up? Seems like an unrealistic expectation.

Let's just win the game
H

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So when ISU finally wins a game against IA, is that because IA is terrible or because MC started focusing on this game more? It is going to be hard for ISU to keep competing for the NC every year if they keep losing to Iowa in week 2. But, maybe you are right and MC is just looking for his 2nd consecutive regular season B12 title. Such an achievement nobody thought possible.

When's the last time Iowa State didn't have a patch work offensive line when they played the Hoks? For years Iowa State has been fighting with one arm tied behind their back in this game.

ClockHawk69

Mar 18, 2021
Iowa
When's the last time Iowa State didn't have a patch work offensive line when they played the Hoks? For years Iowa State has been fighting with one arm tied behind their back in this game.
To be fair, Iowa hasn’t had a great o-line when they’ve played ISU the past 4 years. Last year Iowa had a a very good one and ISU had a solid one as well.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
he hasn't for several years

There were singles available to the general public in 2019:

...and 2017:

...and 2015: