MLB: Cubs/Cardinals Trash Talk Thread

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
cards suck. yankees of the NL. can't stand them or their fans. don't care what anyone says.
The only thing that is similar is the championships and even that the Cards aren't really that close. The Yankees buy their team. The Cardinals draft and develop their players. A HORRIBLE comparison to be honest.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The only thing that is similar is the championships and even that the Cards aren't really that close. The Yankees buy their team. The Cardinals draft and develop their players. A HORRIBLE comparison to be honest.

Agree. Although if he was trying to draw comparisons to the two fan bases, he has a point.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
A common sentiment from a jealous fanbase :SLEEP:

I don't like to play the "Best Fans in Baseball" card... but I don't make the rules. STL is Baseball Town, USA.

Yes...the Cubs fan base is jealous of the Cardinals...lol.

There's a reason their is a Busch League and Busch Stadium.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Pretty frustrating that as a Cardinal fan I can say some nice things about the Cubs whereas the only thing the Cubs fans (and other teams fans) can do is bash the Cardinals.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Pretty frustrating that as a Cardinal fan I can say some nice things about the Cubs whereas the only thing the Cubs fans (and other teams fans) can do is bash the Cardinals.

1. Your nice comment came after my nice comment, so it doesn't really count. For example, if I'm a server and say "Thanks for coming in today," and you say "Thank you," I don't know if your thanking me for thanking you, thanking me for my service, or just repeating what I said.

2. Look at this thread. 1) It's intended for trash talk 2) The majority of it is Cub fans making fun of the Cardinals for LOSING the first game because they lost to a bad team...it's not like they're challenging you guys, they're just making fun you guys lost to a very bad team. 3) You Cardinal fans come back by bringing up some World Series joke (that we've never heard before) and are touching yourselves because you guys are going to the playoffs this year

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Here's a summary of the thread for people that don't want to read the first 88 post:

Cubs fans make fun of Cardinals for losing to a very bad Cubs team
Cards fans start calling the Cubs trash
Cubs fan mentions Cubs have better historical record between the two teams
Cards fans start letting Cub fans know we haven't won a WS for over a century
Cards fans think everyone is jealous of their team...*cough*hawkeyes*cough*

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Calling saint louis baseball town USA might be one of the dumber things I've ever read.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
After going through the thread, I've come to a final conclusion.

There is a great number of Cardinal fans talking crap...about a team much worse in talent than them. Like the Hawks bragging about beating Central Michigan. Er....wait.

There are two Cub fans that have trash talked - Me, and one of my last post, which was a response to Cardinals fans talking crap about the Cubs, and Chuck, who is making fun of the Cardinals for losing to a very bad Cubs team

There are more people in here trash talking the Cardinals that ARENT EVEN CUBS FANS than Cubs fan, because Cards fans just have that terrible reputation of being skanky, classless a-holes.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Here's a summary of the thread for people that don't want to read the first 88 post:

Cubs fans make fun of Cardinals for losing to a very bad Cubs team Meh who cares you can't win them all.
Cards fans start calling the Cubs trash I see no problem with this.
Cubs fan mentions Cubs have better historical record between the two teams Meh again its basically .500
Cards fans start letting Cub fans know we haven't won a WS for over a century Dems the truth.
Cards fans think everyone is jealous of their team...*cough*hawkeyes*cough*
Im not a sqwak fan.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
1. Your nice comment came after my nice comment, so it doesn't really count. For example, if I'm a server and say "Thanks for coming in today," and you say "Thank you," I don't know if your thanking me for thanking you, thanking me for my service, or just repeating what I said.

2. Look at this thread. 1) It's intended for trash talk 2) The majority of it is Cub fans making fun of the Cardinals for LOSING the first game because they lost to a bad team...it's not like they're challenging you guys, they're just making fun you guys lost to a very bad team. 3) You Cardinal fans come back by bringing up some World Series joke (that we've never heard before) and are touching yourselves because you guys are going to the playoffs this year
My nice comment counts. Talking about prospects and things some people don't take the time to talk about. And if you really feel that my comment doesn't count then I will stop complimenting the Cubs farm system.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
After going through the thread, I've come to a final conclusion.

There is a great number of Cardinal fans talking crap...about a team much worse in talent than them. Like the Hawks bragging about beating Central Michigan. Er....wait.

There are two Cub fans that have trash talked - Me, and one of my last post, which was a response to Cardinals fans talking crap about the Cubs, and Chuck, who is making fun of the Cardinals for losing to a very bad Cubs team

There are more people in here trash talking the Cardinals that ARENT EVEN CUBS FANS than Cubs fan, because Cards fans just have that terrible reputation of being skanky, classless a-holes.

Cliff notes : Its called a good rivalry.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
My nice comment counts. Talking about prospects and things some people don't take the time to talk about. And if you really feel that my comment doesn't count then I will stop complimenting the Cubs farm system.

No, I'm saying the only two civil posts made in this thread were by you, a Card fan, and me, a Cub fan. So saying Cub fans aren't being nice to Card fans after a nice thing was said is absurd. You're the only Card fan that has entered this thread and hasn't trolled, while I would argue the majority of Cub fans aren't even trolling.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
The trolling in this thread is just terrible.

The Cubs have nothing on the Cardinals. I will reiterate an earlier point, this is like a Rwanda-USA trash talk thread. Completely pointless.

Cubs fans are really insecure...

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
No, I'm saying the only two civil posts made in this thread were by you, a Card fan, and me, a Cub fan. So saying Cub fans aren't being nice to Card fans after a nice thing was said is absurd. You're the only Card fan that has entered this thread and hasn't trolled, while I would argue the majority of Cub fans aren't even trolling.

If yer callin' me uncivil, that's a paddlin'.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The trolling in this thread is just terrible.

The Cubs have nothing on the Cardinals. I will reiterate an earlier point, this is like a Rwanda-USA trash talk thread. Completely pointless.

Cubs fans are really insecure...
You calling St. Louis baseball town USA pretty much shows your knowledge of baseball.