CR reporting another New Commit.....

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
i now do think it is LJ.. he plays QB in high school but has been being recruited as a corner.. this is what scout says..

A talented dual-threat player who will be entering his third season as the starting quarterback at Largo, Johnson finished his junior season with 970 passing yards and 13 touchdowns. He added 780 more on the ground. He projects as a cornerback in college.

Only reason i dont think it would be is because he took a visit with us back on 9/27.. not this past weekend.. but you never know.. very well could be/and prob is him

Last edited:

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Sorry about the confusion, but I wasn't saying that the new commit was LJ. I was just saying that it very well could be because of the in-home visit.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Josh, you know who it is, or your guessing.....

If you know, be careful your not releasing illegal info or you will be banished to a far away land where mentioning of potential ISU athletes cannot occur because you've been cut off from civilization!!!!

K

Looks like someones post was deleted......sorry..............You've been banished!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
If it's true, it's not as exciting as some other recent commits. He has decent size, but he should eat another steak or two. The list of schools that were after him aren't all that impressive, but that doesn't mean he's a bad get. Anyone know much about him?

Scout.com: Lonzie Range IV Profile

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
mwitt, the reason for the weak list of teams recruiting this young man, was he tore his acl in preseason of his senior season....played qb in texas, was on the watch list of texas recruits for this year, and will transition to wr...got good size and speed, would like to see those numbers in the 4.4 or 4.5 range, but as a qb, not as important as it will be when hes out wide. Also, needs to bulk up a bit 15-20 pounds to be able to compete at big 12 level imo.....Shep will take care of him....

I don't care, i like smart players and his injury probably has him hungry, but, with our jc's coming in, he can redshirt and get his knee back 100% before he really works it....

I like it..........

Now give me some Gray, Johnson, Darks and it will be a great week!!!!!

Also, has anyone seen this DT were recruiting out of Alabama......I have reconsidered, he is way above Joe Marhsall....if you can this with a straight face, this guy is athletic as H*** for a man thats 6-2, 289 pounds....listen to this.....runs the 40 in 4.8, benches 355 pounds and squats 525 pounds now get this....vertical of 29 inches....thats a big man to get up 29 inches.....very impressive....he dont have the stars, but that will come, the schools currently recruiting him....Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, LSU, Ole Miss......and us of course....If i were Coach Chiz, i would have the Cy-Jet sprinting down there to see this young man and telling him, he can start next year not when he's a junior.....i think this kid will be a diamond in the rough.............

Last edited:

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
ACL injuries will always hurt a player when it comes to recruiting. Hopefully, his injury helped us in getting him as I am sure he would have had some other offers if he would have played his senior season.

Also I am fairly certain that Darks is not coming here. He appears to be a big MSU lean

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
ACL injuries will always hurt a player when it comes to recruiting. Hopefully, his injury helped us in getting him as I am sure he would have had some other offers if he would have played his senior season.

Also I am fairly certain that Darks is not coming here. He appears to be a big MSU lean

Don't be so sure, dont give up hope....i still think Darks sees the opportunities that he would get to play for a guy that has produced first round talent db......that has to interest him.....he needs to be concerned with beyond his college years....if hes as good as he thinks he is, he pictures himself on sundays....well, he needs to come to be coached by one of the better DB coaches in america.....ask Huff and Griffin....

Sidenote.....
To give indications of how good this recruit may turn out to be, he's rated on points scale and has a higher rating then did bates coming out of college. He's listed by ESPN as the 79 best WR prospect and he'd never even played the position....To reference someone everyone remembers from last years recruiting, Colin Sanderman of EIU was 7 points lower in the rating system then was our new commit and he's never caught a pass!!!!!

Might turn our to be GOLD JERRY GOLD!!!!!!

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Don't be so sure, dont give up hope....

As much as I would like to have him on the team, I would agree that he is probably going to MSU. It seems like every article I read about him (although most are from MSU) has him as being close to committing. He keeps saying that they only have one more schollie left for db's and he doesn't want to lose out on it.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
As much as I would like to have him on the team, I would agree that he is probably going to MSU. It seems like every article I read about him (although most are from MSU) has him as being close to committing. He keeps saying that they only have one more schollie left for db's and he doesn't want to lose out on it.

I hear ya DJCubby, i know its a fading hope, but, just like with DJ the fatmans b****, i hope that Darks sees his opportunities are really high here and Rivals even though you've seen so much written about Darks decision, well M. St's website reported that his decision would be made by the 12th, well, to tell you how informed they are, its now the 14th and you've heard nothing. Plus, if Rivals had that info, they would have MSU rated as HIGH and they don't everyone is listed as MED........Sometimes those Rivals sites such as Jayhawk slant, Sparten Mag etc etc....they get the interest by sometimes extending the truth in their favor.....those story lines disappear when they commit somewhere else....

Common, keep the faith, Darks would be an awesome recruit and have serious potential as a true freshmen of being a starter, just not sure where....WR or DB.....who cares, looks like a kr to me....just has that fearless look with playmakers skilz.....

Getem Chiz and make them believers.....

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Um, no, it's still the 12th as far as I know...:skeptical:

You right, guess what, i was looking at the November Calender....what was i thinkin....

Oh well, that just means he's committing to ISU tonight instead!!!!!!

Common Darks, Pick the right future for yourself!!!!!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This will not be posted here until 75 minutes after CR posts it tomorrow and a TV announcer spills the beans.

Hey, Cedric Mack is having fun hitting all the buffets at the other schools - nice to be wanted by all those schools. KState shouldd use the jolly roger pirate flag for their school.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Let me preface this by saying i'm not a member, but, i do know that two players said they were close....

Darius Darks - this would be a great Commit....

Leonard Johnson - this would be a great commit

Wildcard - This weekends visitor - Maurice Gray....Also would be a great fit although it would be for 2 years and not 4, but maybe ready to play next year with singleton moving to the slot....

ALL CB - thats where i think our coaches are in a full court press right now with good reason!!!!!!

2 Years Later... they certainly were great commits and are now great players!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron