CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What are you talking about, Kirk lets players use social media freely now.........
The entire basis of our arguments stem from this above sentence. Kirk should’ve always allowed his players to use social media. He should’ve allowed them to wear hoodies. He should’ve allowed them to wear cutoffs, have their hair the way they wanted, and listen to the music they wanted to.

None of that should’ve been restricted and it was restricted for all players however the rules were clearly written for Black players.

Basic things like that and treating every player regardless of the color of their skin shouldn’t ever be things in question for anyone, let alone a Division 1 College Football coach.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The entire basis of our arguments stem from this above sentence. Kirk should’ve always allowed his players to use social media. He should’ve allowed them to wear hoodies. He should’ve allowed them to wear cutoffs, have their hair the way they wanted, and listen to the music they wanted to.

None of that should’ve been restricted and it was restricted for all players however the rules were clearly written for Black players.

Basic things like that and treating every player regardless of the color of their skin shouldn’t ever be things in question for anyone, let alone a Division 1 College Football coach.
More damning than that was when there were issues officially identified in the past he only made superficial changes. He didn't follow through on commitments and they found themselves back there again with even more former players upset and another report identifying systemic issues in the program. Everyone deserves a second chance (unless it is terribly egregious) but Ferentz had his and he blew it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
More damning than that was when there were issues officially identified in the past he only made superficial changes. He didn't follow through on commitments and they found themselves back there again with even more former players upset and another report identifying systemic issues in the program. Everyone deserves a second chance (unless it is terribly egregious) but Ferentz had his and he blew it.
And then he lied about there ever being issues. Said he’d never heard about them before.

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

So should all public schools dress codes be changed also, what about the private schools?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So basically you are mad he is changing now and not back then? Still no one answered my question either about him being viewed as racist by 55 former players.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
And then he lied about there ever being issues. Said he’d never heard about them before.
We all know about that stuff already, I am talking after the Husch Blackwell came out and current status. Not saying the past does not matter, but moving forward certainly does.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
And I am pretty confindent that hoodies were not allowed due to guys putting up hoods during film sessions and needing everyone to pay attention as guys would and will fall asleep with them on.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Kirk needs full control all the time. If a player would have claimed that they didn't like having to dress up game arrival; I would have called that a non issue as long as it was an across the board deal. What is even more dumbfounding is this:

I used this photo since we know it was a few years ago. What is so hypocritical here?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Why didn’t Kirk ban cowboy boots, country music, and things of that nature?
Also, country music does not have many songs that have explicit content in them. I am fairly confident the the explicit content was the reasoning behind that stuff. It takes some common sense for some of those things lol.

• Dumb
Reactions: MJ29 and Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And I am pretty confindent that hoodies were not allowed due to guys putting up hoods during film sessions and needing everyone to pay attention as guys would and will fall asleep with them on.
Here’s an awesome way to stop that.. Having a rule that you’re not allowed to have your hood up during film sessions lol. Not ban them entirely.

Reactions: MJ29

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Kirk needs full control all the time. If a player would have claimed that they didn't like having to dress up game arrival; I would have called that a non issue as long as it was an across the board deal. What is even more dumbfounding is this:

I used this photo since we know it was a few years ago. What is so hypocritical here?
Teams everywhere dress up upon gameday. Look at Bama for instance. Most hs teams do this too.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Also, country music does not have many songs that have explicit content in them. I am fairly confident the the explicit content was the reasoning behind that stuff. It takes some common sense for some of those things lol.
Except one player said he rolled up to practice playing rap music and kirk spit on the ground at him and said something along the lines of “you’re not going to last year”.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Here’s an awesome way to stop that.. Having a rule that you’re not allowed to have your hood up during film sessions lol. Not ban them entirely.
Well, if you are not allowed to wear it then there will not be any issue at all...... common sense really.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Except one player said he rolled up to practice playing rap music and kirk spit on the ground at him and said something along the lines of “you’re not going to last year”.
was the player late? did he blast the music and disrupt the attention of the team? Those are the things me and you both do not know.

• Dumb
Reactions: MJ29 and Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They’re college football players and your coach couldn’t handle a few swear words??? Horrible logic.