Complaining

sloaner

Apr 19, 2006
Indianola, IA
Let me get this straight...

People are complaining that they have to donate to sit in certain sections while others who do not get to sit in their section for a few games.

1. Where do you think people who buy single game tickets sit?
  2. Where do you think people who scalped tickets sit?
  3. Mini-packs should = less scalped tickets which equals more money for ISU.
  4. These are not season tickets, so they miss out all the other games.
  5. Empty seats means less money.
  6. Mini-pack buyers could be future season ticket holders.
  7. Economy is bad, ISU athletic department needs the money.
  8. The team deserves to play in front of a packed stadium.
  9. Mini-packs will allow some people to at least get a small glimpse of what ISU football is about and get on the bus before it is too late.
  10. Those people who only bought mini-packs are going to be kicking themselves when ISU wins the north and they missed some great games because they were too cheap to buy season tickets.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Empty seats means less money.

Ding - Ding - Ding!!!

The owner (former owner can't remember) of the Iowa Cubs once said something like "Empty seats don't pay for parking, food, etc..." and he was exactly right and that is one of the reasons a city the size of Des Moines has AAA baseball and not AA. Price matters - I think JP missed an opportunity to not just hold the line on ticket prices but slightly lower prices. This type of goodwill goes a long way and maybe the many who did not renew their season ticket order would have bite the bullet and bought again because of JP throwing them a bone. I know JP needs a certain amount to run the department but - empty seats don't buy anything.

Reactions: CyBobby

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Ding - Ding - Ding!!!

The owner (former owner can't remember) of the Iowa Cubs once said something like "Empty seats don't pay for parking, food, etc..." and he was exactly right and that is one of the reasons a city the size of Des Moines has AAA baseball and not AA. Price matters - I think JP missed an opportunity to not just hold the line on ticket prices but slightly lower prices. This type of goodwill goes a long way and maybe the many who did not renew their season ticket order would have bite the bullet and bought again because of JP throwing them a bone. I know JP needs a certain amount to run the department but - empty seats don't buy anything.

50,000 seats x $10 per ticket = $500,000

25,000 x $30 per ticket = $750,000

Clearly full stadium does not = financial success.

SImpsonCy

Dec 27, 2006
Dallas, TX
50,000 seats x $10 per ticket = $150,000

25,000 x $30 per ticket = $750,000

Clearly full stadium does not = financial success.

Ah, that math is not even close..... 50,000 x 10 = 500,000. Now how much on average does a person spend? let's say it is $10 for easy math....

that makes 500,000 + 500,000 = 1,000,000.... 750,000 + 250,000 = 1,000,000... now factor in the fun, the noise, the.... Full stadiums are always better

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I don't understand the complaining about mini packs either. To me, it just sounds like a bunch of tightwads getting their panties in a bunch over something that doesn't matter.

Reactions: isuno1fan

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Ah, that math is not even close..... 50,000 x 10 = 500,000. Now how much on average does a person spend? let's say it is $10 for easy math....

that makes 500,000 + 500,000 = 1,000,000.... 750,000 + 250,000 = 1,000,000... now factor in the fun, the noise, the.... Full stadiums are always better

Go back and have a second look. I caught it about 30 seconds after I posted it...

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Go back and have a second look. I caught it about 30 seconds after I posted it...

Thanks for the edit...saving "the agony" of others heads almost exploding like mine did.....:biglaugh:

its been a rough and tense day around here...this screw up made me laugh. some relief has been needed.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Thanks for the edit...saving "the agony" of others heads almost exploding like mine did.....:biglaugh:

its been a rough and tense day around here...this screw up made me laugh. some relief has been needed.

No worries.. I was not on the site today, so didn't catch what all the angst was about. A lot of people take things way too seriously on this site sometimes.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
Ding - Ding - Ding!!!

I don't think you can compare seats where you have donors (ISU) to places you don't (Iowa Cubs). The money that keeps the athletic department going is the donation money. If you do too much to remove the incentive to donate you might make more money in the short term but you risk crippling your long term money making opportunities. I don't think a lot of people in these threads are looking for the long term. Of course winning solves all these problems so I vote we just start winning 7-10 games every year.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I bought a couple mini-packs for my daughter and son-in-law. They are better seats than mine. I bought right away this morning. I think it was a pretty good move by the Athletic Department. I am not a big fan of the Thursday night game. Tailgating isn't as good. And if you went to the Mizzou game last year, then you would not be inclined to buy a ticket in mid November for Colorado.

I am wondering what in the heck the Minnesota Viking fans are thinking that want an outdoor stadium. They are freaking nuts.

Reactions: CycloneErik