[Commitment Watch] '22 RB Kaleb Johnson

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
There was like one snarky comment in this thread and people are acting like everyone is trashing on the kid, it’s weird
I haven't seen much trashing the kid, hell he could change his mind tomorrow and decide Ames is the place to be.

• Agree
Reactions: baagoe

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
There was like one snarky comment in this thread and people are acting like everyone is trashing on the kid, it’s weird

Exactly. I’ve read very little in this thread that is even close to trashing the kid or his decision.

Fans wondering why he would pick Cal over Iowa State is not trashing the kid.

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Depending upon academic area, think we still compare favorably with Cal, at least we used to be rated so. Both schools are AAU.

Ummmmm...... no. But nice try. We're a LOT better at football right now and into the future.... but not in academics.

This really bugs me. I really don't care about Cal's academics, they might be good, they might be great, but whatever. If that kids focus of study leads him to evaluate Cal as being a better option than ISU, awesome - good for him. But why the hell would any ISU fan rag on your own schools academics? We're an AAU school with some very solid academic programs. Are there better options for specific programs for specific people? Sure, of course. But people, stop making negative blanket statements about our school!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
UC Berkeley is an amazing school in the Bay Area. He’ll probably never reach a bowl game and won’t have much chance at the NFL but it’s hard to top the Cal experience.
Current Cal players in the NFL - 24. Current ISU players in the NFL - 12

I get that ISU is in a better place in terms of football right now, but that really has little bearing on NFL chances. The NFL will find you if you're good enough.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
But why the hell would any ISU fan rag on your own schools academics? We're an AAU school with some very solid academic programs. Are there better options for specific programs for specific people? Sure, of course. But people, stop making negative blanket statements about our school!
Who is ragging on ISU’s academics? Recognizing that we’re good, but that other institutions (like Cal, Stanford or Vanderbilt) might be better isn’t being negative. It’s simple reality.

Just like there are other Universities out there that our academics are generally better than. Again, simple reality.

Reactions: aobie

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
UC Berkeley is an amazing school in the Bay Area. He’ll probably never reach a bowl game and won’t have much chance at the NFL but it’s hard to top the Cal experience.

They have been to 2 bowl games in the last 3 seasons. They only played 4 games last year. Why stupid comments like this? We are still Iowa State.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I’m starting to think people have no idea what trashing or ragging on a kid or school actually looks like. There are no posts in here with overly or unrealistically negative statements on Johnson, ISU, or Cal. Yet lots of hand wringing about mean people saying mean things. If anyone is offended about anything posted in this thread, I really don’t understand how you make it through a work day.

Bear Insider Fan

Jun 20, 2021
Hey guys - a tough break with Johnson. Cal lost Byron Cardwell last year to Oregon after he told our staff he was coming to Berkeley. Big fan of Matt Campbell's and the trajectory of your program. It says a lot about Kaleb that your staff evaluated him so highly. Cal is a program on the rise. Justin Wilcox has done a fabulous job. Don't let the bizarre four-game COVID season in 2020 confuse you. The team's DL couldn't practice for two weeks leading up to our first game (which meant the OL had no practice with contact either) and then we lost half our OL. We had one game with something approximating the real roster and we beat Oregon. The 2021 Bears team should be the best in 10+ years, is coming off a top 25 national class in 2021, and poised for another in 2022. Best of luck to you and your team

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well. This discussion is getting old.

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron