[Commitment Watch] ‘22 In-State LB Will McLaughlin

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
This guy reminds me so much of Mike Rose.

BUT 4L, ISN'T EVERY LINEBACKER A MIKE ROSE CLONE?

Here's why he does:
Mike Rose played a hybrid DE/LB position in HS, half the time with his hand in the dirt. So does McLaughlin.
Mike Rose played with a crazy energy and an aura to his game. So does McLaughlin.
Both about 6'3" - 6'4" 225lb in HS.
Both are great in pursuit.

We would be getting another Mike Rose here.

There is another LB in this class who reminds me more of Mike Rose....

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
I’ve watched about forty years to see a Harlan Cycline become an Iowa State Cyclone in football or basketball. It just seems such a natural fit.

Alan Patten played for Walden. Didn't hardly see the field and used the scholarship. The story goes he was a senior and ready to quit when Walden singled him out as a great student athlete to the rest of the team. Patten didnt have the nerve to quit after that.

Steve Jacobsen played for Earl Bruce. Also played in the NFL.

A_storm_is_comin

Jan 9, 2021
I like it. But the truth is, it is absolutely stocked in 2021 too!
Apparently the staff loves Dae'shawn Davis too. I think I heard on the CF podcast that he might be the most athletic LB on the team. He's kinda in the same boat as McDonald meaning he's gotta put on some weight.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I like it. But the truth is, it is absolutely stocked in 2021 too!
Three returning senior starters, one Big XII DPOTY and AA, the other two honorable mention all conference. Three seasoned reserves, three talented ‘20 freshmen looking for PT, three talented ‘21 signees arriving this summer.

Yep, I think we got “stacked” down pat.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
When questioned by a cop...
Not true. I've read a lot of OWI police reports. The driver almost always answers "a couple". [ did see one once where the driver answered "14 or 15". I thought he should be rewarded for his honesty.

• Haha
Reactions: Tri4Cy

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Not true. I've read a lot of OWI police reports. The driver almost always answers "a couple". [ did see one once where the driver answered "14 or 15". I thought he should be rewarded for his honesty.

It’s the first mistake of getting pulled over drunk (or really at all. NEVER TALK TO POLICE. They aren’t asking those questions because they want to get to know you.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone

safmusic

May 30, 2006
Alan Patten played for Walden. Didn't hardly see the field and used the scholarship. The story goes he was a senior and ready to quit when Walden singled him out as a great student athlete to the rest of the team. Patten didnt have the nerve to quit after that.

Steve Jacobsen played for Earl Bruce. Also played in the NFL.
Steve also played on our intramural BB team that won the all university championship. (the Phantons--misspelled at the printer on our shirts) Have not seen in in 40+ years I played High school football Vs Harlan and saw him then...probably ran into him but don't remember.

Reactions: mkadl and Aclone

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
It’s the first mistake of getting pulled over drunk (or really at all. NEVER TALK TO POLICE. They aren’t asking those questions because they want to get to know you.
The first mistake of getting pulled over drunk is being drunk or high behind the wheel and thereby endangering the lives of yourself and others. That part is not a policing issue.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I grew up in the Harlan area. Those teams then just dominated! Wilwerding, O’Bryan, Patton, Koos, Kloewer, Schmitz, Barton, Sibenaller, Finken, etc.

Thinking there was another guy that played for Criner/Walden during that time that didn’t play for Harlan but another school around there. Don’t remember who he was though.