Colorado game on TV (source: cyclones.com)

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State's Nov. 10 football game against Colorado will kick off at 11:30 a.m. CST from Jack Trice Stadium. The game will be telecast nationally on Fox College Sports. Fox College Sports is available on Central Iowa Mediacom Digital Cable's sports pack at channel 173. Fox College Sports should not be confused with Fox Sports Net. Fox College Sports is a separate channel.

This Saturday's Kansas State at Iowa State game will be telecast nationally on VERSUS. Both games kick off at 11:30 a.m.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Why does it matter what time the game is as long as we are on TV? I would much rather have a 11:30 game and get some national recognition than have a 1 p.m. game and not have the game televised.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
B-Ball game on the 10th at 8:00 pm. Go to the football game, tailgate afterwards, go to the b-ball game. Sounds like a plan to me. Who's in?

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I mean I like tailgating as much as the next guy, but let's lay off the complaining about the start times. I mean you don't hear Squawkeye fans complaining about 11am games and most of them work the graveyard shift at McDonalds.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Yea, but I think the channel broadcasting the Colorado game is even more obscure than VERSUS.

FCS (Fox College Sports) comes with a lot of Fox Sports packages which cable and satellite providers offer so I think its widely available. I pay $5/month for the Fox Sports package which also gives me the NFL network and about 4 different Fox channels.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
I do not mind the early game. Better chance for me to be sober during the game. And hanging out afterwards on a nice sunny day tossing back a couple of Frosties is very relaxing.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If it's a nice day and we can get the TV/satellite working, we may be in.

Congrats on your tenth post after the 10000th post. I must have missed that memorable event last night. Was it spontaneous or just a little dry or awesome. Just wondering. Discuss. Welcome back. Thought you were stuck on 9999 for an eon.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

cloneluke80

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Why are all home games televised and no away games televised? I go to all home games so I just want to be able to watch away games. (I know all TV is good TV, but cmon its like we're jinxed to never get to watch an away game on TV)...

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
FCS (Fox College Sports) comes with a lot of Fox Sports packages which cable and satellite providers offer so I think its widely available. I pay $5/month for the Fox Sports package which also gives me the NFL network and about 4 different Fox channels.

As it stands today, neither DirecTV or Dish network carry FCS.

I suspect this will change at some point, but that's how it currently stands.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I like the Versus network. Fox sports does a horrible job on College football. The sound is not right. You can't here the crowd very well. Versus may be obscure but they are going full throttle trying to get the right programming.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I like the Versus network. Fox sports does a horrible job on College football. The sound is not right. You can't here the crowd very well. Versus may be obscure but they are going full throttle trying to get the right programming.

Versus has had some EXCELLENT games this year. They had our game against Iowa, Stanford-USC, and I think at least one other pretty relevant game. I think they do a pretty good job, really.

I'm just glad there's one more network covering college football.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

I'm just happy you have more options then the ABC game or Notre Dame on NBC. Oh and also the Big 10 network... (Espn included on that)

I get sick of seeing the same teams on each week. Nice to see some more players. Too bady TBS won't get back in.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think at least one other pretty relevant game.

When Cal was ranked 2nd in the Country and Undefeated they had the game where the Cal QB ran the clock out instead of spiking the ball. I can't remember who they were playing. It was a great game.