College Gameday

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
They will have to have some way to avoid that though for all the students who had to buy them second hand from other students......

But on another note:

Don't go bashing on me. I'm fresh out of college and couldn't afford the price for regular season tickets/donation (not to mention being stuck in the nose bleeds) I have paid my dues and don't feel guilty going back into the student section at all. I spent countless hours and several nights freezing my ***** off and spending money on tents,generators, and other supplies to get into game over the last 4 years. (and plan to this year when possible) I was even at all the games in Fred's first year here. I'm not taking anything away from any students other than at the bigger games where ONE fan who shows up just before tip may not be able to get in.

Paid your dues? Not even close. You were a student during some great basketball seasons.
Talk to the donors who have given tens of thousands of dollars to the program during some of the worst basketball seasons and still continued to support the program. They have paid their dues.

HiltonMag1c

Oct 27, 2014
Yikes I didn't mean to enrage everyone like this. For the record, it wasn't only a money thing, the person I plan on buying regular season tickets with is still a student this year, so it wouldn't have made sense to buy 2 sets of season tickets and not have someone to go to games with. I'm not going to the student section after this year and will be buying regular season tickets next year.Really didn't mean to make people mad, was originally just asking a simple question. Sorry

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
You've paid your dues? I've been a season ticket holder for over a decade and am paying tuition for a current student. How many GMac games did you sit through? You suffered through Fred's first year? Oh the humanity.

I honestly don't care what you pay for your tickets but don't play the victim.

Haha yeah, I laughed at that too.. Fred's first year was better than all 4 of McD's, which many of us sat through every game too.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like to hear about rabid fans remaining rabid after graduation. I do think this guy has paid some dues. If he can make the system work for him, I'm for it.

P.S. Maybe he could take over for Flag Guy!

HiltonMag1c

Oct 27, 2014
Haha We were usually right behind flag guy because we got kicked out of our seat(s) for him multiple times. He was friends with one of the ushers who always had his back, nearly got kicked out one time for arguing with him.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Guys like HiltonMag1c irk me because, depsite waiting in line for hours for the Iowa game last year, I was one of the first people that had to go to the balcony because the lower level of the student section was full. If not for line cutting, people saving seats, and people being down there that shouldn't have been, I would have been there. Obviously he is only 1 person not following the rules, but they add up.

I'm not going to put him on blast for using a student ticket as a non-student, but at the same time I have no idea why he thinks the ISU AD would offer to help him find a solution when he is abusing the ticket process. Think he's SOL there.

As for the ticket lottery for freshmen, there is probably a better way to do it, but at the same time demand outstrips supply and a seniority system seems to make sense. Perhaps some sort of Hilton campout or similar could be done in the fall for freshmen to get guaranteed tickets (with the rest going into the lottery for those who didn't participate in the campout). That's worth a suggestion to the AD so that they can ensure that their most rabid freshmen fans are guaranteed tickets.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I know, I know cool old people story, but back in our day there was a lottery for BB tickets and it wasn't just for Freshmen. You would put your group together for a block of tickets providing a fee card for every ticket. If your block was drawn, your block got tickets, if it wasn't then you could try to find a group that managed to get drawn for two blocks they had put together but more than likely you were SOL. It wasn't easy to put together a second block to improve your chances in the lottery, either. Your fee card could only be in one block so you had to borrow other peoples' fee cards to put together a second block.

We also had 4 seating locations split up between games; 3 locations in the balcony and one location below the balcony. I always managed to be as far away from the court as possible for all of the big games.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We went to one of the break games last year and got to experience flag guy up close and personal. He was harassing people for not standing up the whole game against UMKC when little kids were right behind them and we were up by 30 or 40 points. Finally the usher made him stand in the tunnel area so the little kids could see.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Just thought of this today. I wonder if any students will camp out early on Dec. 6 to land a prime reserved seat for the KU game and then sell the ticket with a front row seat for a high price.

I know if it were me, I would at least be tempted to offer it for sale as long as I could get another (non-reserved) ticket at a lower price and still get in the arena. I would at least think about it if the price was right.

Wonder if this will even be possible, and if so, what the market price would end up being for a front-row student section seat that someone can walk into the arena 5 minutes before tip and have waiting for them.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Just thought of this today. I wonder if any students will camp out early on Dec. 6 to land a prime reserved seat for the KU game and then sell the ticket with a front row seat for a high price.

I know if it were me, I would at least be tempted to offer it for sale as long as I could get another (non-reserved) ticket at a lower price and still get in the arena. I would at least think about it if the price was right.

Wonder if this will even be possible, and if so, what the market price would end up being for a front-row student section seat that someone can walk into the arena 5 minutes before tip and have waiting for them.

You know if JP even sniffs one of these for sale the whole system will be shut down. He'll make people wait like normal. No way the AD will allow that to happen twice. Once and it's over.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Flag guy is the biggest ******. He is nice though to accomodate his dmacc girlfriend that couldn't make it at Iowa State.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Hmm, sounds like a lot of you guys don't like Flag Guy… Ill make sure to chuck a half eaten Clone-Cone at him while he is running from my upper level seat..

Your welcome Cyclone Alley haters.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Hmm, sounds like a lot of you guys don't like Flag Guy… Ill make sure to chuck a half eaten Clone-Cone at him while he is running from my upper level seat..

Your welcome Cyclone Alley haters.

I love Cyclone Alley. I'm not so sure Cyclone Alley loves their leadership.

I used to love the flag guy...still love the run, just not so fond of the attitude I've been hearing about.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron