Coaching Choice POLL

Out of the likely only four candidates, which one gets your vote?

• TJ Otzelberger

Votes: 237 59.1%
  • Brad Underwood

Votes: 47 11.7%
  • Steve Prohm

Votes: 83 20.7%
  • Bryce Drew

Votes: 34 8.5%

• Total voters

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
I'm pretty sure that CW has said part of the reason he left was because he couldn't get an interview at Drake.

No one hates Otz. I know that it is shocking but some of us think there might be other choices.

It's funny how arguments go these days. Lots of Strawmen and red Herrings flying around. Just because some are suspicious of how the search is going means they hate TJ now. But some want TJ just because they hope he is Fred Hoiberg.

I really do hope JP has something up his sleeve because yes I would probably take TJ over these guys. Especially after reading Chris's write up. Kind of depressing actually. I'm still hoping for someone on the scale of an Altman and that's not a slam on TJ.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I'm pretty sure that CW has said part of the reason he left was because he couldn't get an interview at Drake.

No one hates Otz. I know that it is shocking but some of us think there might be other choices.

Maybe you could ask CW if that is true that Otzelberger applied for the Drake job but did not get an interview. Or post something verifying it.

Drake is doing a terrible job of running things in their basketball program since Keno Davis left. Definitely do not want to follow their example.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Maybe you could ask CW if that is true that Otzelberger applied for the Drake job but did not get an interview. Or post something verifying it.

Drake is doing a terrible job of running things in their basketball program since Keno Davis left. Definitely do not want to follow their example.
Yes they have, and which is why we should try very hard to not make a Phelps-like hire. Out of all the known candidates, TJ is the most like Phelps.

TJ couldn't even get to the formally applied stage- so you can see why TJ felt a need to make some career moves.

Last edited:

isu83

May 5, 2010
People weren't excited about Floyd or Eustachy either, but it was clear they could coach.

These guys have all won multiple conference titles, and shown they can get the most out of a team...all except one.

And with someone like Prohm ISU might win a NC. With OTZ that opportunity might pass us by. Prohm is a solid coach as are some others. Maybe OTZ will be Maybe not. Take the proven head coach over a might be successful head coach. I wonder what the odds are he succeeds.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I vote for Stormin and swarthmorecy to take their tediously repetitive arguments to the private messaging portion of this site.