Coaching Choice POLL

Out of the likely only four candidates, which one gets your vote?

• TJ Otzelberger

Votes: 237 59.1%
  • Brad Underwood

Votes: 47 11.7%
  • Steve Prohm

Votes: 83 20.7%
  • Bryce Drew

Votes: 34 8.5%

• Total voters

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Since it's being reported that its down to four candidates, I wanted to set up a poll for who gets your vote. Let's keep this as a poll only thread since the discussion is part of the other 5,000 threads over the past week.

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
Hell...why not Wayne Morgan. Great recruiting assistant...W HC experience.

I think we should make this hire like we have no money, no options, and where we can train coaches for the NBA or a career in the insurance game. That's the way I'd like ISU's AD to be run.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Let's bring in Bruce Van De Velde to coach. He'll create new Hilton Magic and mysteriously make our basketball program vanish.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I don't get the TJ love. Yes, he's a good recruiter and yes he knows a few players. That says nothing about how good of a HC he'll be (which he's never done before - unlike all the other candidates).

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I don't get the TJ love. Yes, he's a good recruiter and yes he knows a few players. That says nothing about how good of a HC he'll be (which he's never done before - unlike all the other candidates).

I think some people are voting based on who they think will get the job..

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014

For me (and it's not so much TJ love), the other 3 don't really do much for me. Records might be impressive - but look at the competition. Yes - it's very much likely I'm suffering from GMac syndrome. But right now, I'd rather have a P5 assistant than a mid major career guy. Underwood being the lone exception to that it would seem - but I'm concerned about his style, and the KSU connection.

I'd like to see some more action from top p5 assistants.

Last edited:

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I don't get the TJ love either----if he was such a good coach, why is he 8 games under .500 in his coaching stops when he didn't share the bench with Hoiberg. Plus, Pollard already had to run off our last ace recruiter that was hired as head coach