Clone Zone

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
With the new TV contract, ISU has the option to create its own network. An all out network for ISU alone would be insane, but what about making a deal with Mediacom to broadcast Clone Zone events on channel 22? It would increase ISU's exposure in the state and increase revenue.

zepfan4isu

Oct 7, 2009
Ames
That's what i was thinking. Would we be able to have our women's basketball games and volleyball games ect. all on tv?

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
More importantly, if the TV contract doesn't pick up an ISU game, can we broadcast it on Clone Zone?

I had to watch a game last year (I'm thinking it was Mizzou) via a friend in KC turning a webcam at his TV and broadcasting it over Skype. That's ******* obscene.

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
They'd be crazy if they didn't. From what I understand, Texas won't have to reimburse schools in games featured on it's network. Iowa State would be crazy to not work out some deal with Mediacomm.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Since I've got a dish, I'd rather see something like the old Cyclone Television Network, where it's the local ABC/whatever affiliate broadcasting the games. That way everyone gets some love.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I am still very confused on how all this is going down....

I am most interested in how football goes down.

So all of our games will be on tv now? Its just a matter of which channel picks it up? So the picking order may stay the same, but now we have the ability to throw games on locally if needed? Hopefully more information will be out soon.

The whole mediacom thing will really screw all the dish/direct people if they work something out. Man..

Also...One more thing. I don't want to deal with the internet for watching a game. Anytime you have turn a computer on and sit it by your TV to hook it up is crazy. Its better than nothing, but come on.

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
What needs to happen is a 'big 12 north' network, or something similar. Pool the resources of schools that, by themselves, could not support a network, but together, can support one.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Instead of mediacom, what about WOI? Channel 5 could take the football and MBB games and then mediacom could get olympic sports.

WOI would have to be an 11am kick off on Saturday. ABC owns 2:30 and the Night game. they are not going to broadcast ISU - KU over USC - Notre Dame.

11 Am would work though although way to early for football man. 2:30 is the best.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Instead of mediacom, what about WOI? Channel 5 could take the football and MBB games and then mediacom could get olympic sports.

That would bring back some memories.

Maybe we could have a Fred Hoiberg Show on Saturday afternoons where John Walters will sit with Fred in a low-budget set answering questions out of an old Adidas box so 'Tom in Roland' can win a free pare of sneakers.

I'm in.

zepfan4isu

Oct 7, 2009
Ames
Since I've got a dish, I'd rather see something like the old Cyclone Television Network, where it's the local ABC/whatever affiliate broadcasting the games. That way everyone gets some love.

I don't have either is or cable so I'm hoping it goes to WOI.

But I'm wondering if it does go to WOI would we lose money because then would we not get any money from mediacom or satelite? Or do we get money from them too because they carry WOI?

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
What needs to happen is a 'big 12 north' network, or something similar. Pool the resources of schools that, by themselves, could not support a network, but together, can support one.

I like this. Covers more ground than a single state could. Heck, throw in OU and OSU. Then we have St. Louis, KC, Des Moines, and Oklahoma City.