Clone cones, cheerleaders, and everything we love about Hilton!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'll talk to Jer about this - I think it's a great idea. Get everyone pumped before the game. :) A Sat. night game is perfect, too - no class or work to worry about for most.

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
I'll talk to Jer about this - I think it's a great idea. Get everyone pumped before the game. :)

Sad...I have Thanksgiving family obligations that weekend. You guys have fun!

ISUFan22...how messy do you get at HP? Don't they hand out those little wet naps? Those will clean ya right up!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm a rib man and when the food comes, "get out of my way".

Plus, when you eat ribs, am I the only one that feels like I need a shower after - from the grease seeping out of my pores?

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
I'm a rib man and when the food comes, "get out of my way".

Plus, when you eat ribs, am I the only one that feels like I need a shower after - from the grease seeping out of my pores?

Hale, fellow rib connoisseur! Not to rub it in, but I ate my weight in ribs last week in Memphis.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Ahhhh...Hilton.

How's the lighted ring look? Haven't been able to get to either exhibition game but I'll definitely be there on Friday!

I love:
  • The loud, loud atmosphere for the big games!
  • Mmmm...clone cones.
  • Watching warmups
  • Girls talking about teaching each other how to "down" objects. :biggrin9gp:
Ok, I love it all.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The ring is pretty cool. It can mess you up some, as when it changes from one thing to another - the brightness/darkness is sometimes rather extreme.

I may need to attend a game buzzed once, just to get the full effect. :)

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Ahhhh...Hilton.

How's the lighted ring look? Haven't been able to get to either exhibition game but I'll definitely be there on Friday!

I love:
  • The loud, loud atmosphere for the big games!
  • Mmmm...clone cones.
  • Watching warmups
  • Girls talking about teaching each other how to "down" objects. :biggrin9gp:
Ok, I love it all.

Dang it, I can't give any more rep today!! I am laughing so hard.

I agree w/ISUFan - the ring is awesome-looking. They have this bright-white American Family Insurance ad that is hard to look at from the balcony, but it's so cool when they get the cheer graphics going. It's really cool to be able to see, too, what our stats are during the game (3-pt percentage, rebounds, etc.).

Last edited:

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
I like it that they put up individual stats for a player, such as when he is shooting a free throw, that way, you know what his percentage is.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Yeah, I'm a little bigger fan of Old Chicago than Hickory Park too, surprisingly enough. I love Hickory Park, but Old Chicago just rocks. Plus, we won't be as messy when going to the game after.

How about La Fuente and we all get the monster margaritas??

One second thought...we probably want to remember the game!

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
I like it that they put up individual stats for a player, such as when he is shooting a free throw, that way, you know what his percentage is.
i liked that too...for example, free throw percentage for the individual shooter...we really need to start making some free throws. embarrassing!

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
What a great thread outside all the typical coversations that take place. You stick the works BREASTS anywhere and all guys eyes light up. Well most?

I am a little confused on the clone cone? I must have missed something there.BREASTS!

This dinner thing sounds great, but who all is really invited? I mentioned something a while back about a Fanatic club.BREASTS! Maybe a bit much, but I think a lot of us would get a lot out of it. It seems most of us are around the metro area here, so getting together wouldnt be hard. BREASTS!

Might have to squeeze the game in for the 25th. Do you all have tickets or just buy at the gate? well catch you all later. BREASTS!

Excuse the repetitiveness. Just showing a point.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Personally, I enjoy the pre-game stuff. Clap-clap-clap-clap-clap "YOU SUCK!" :rofl8yi:

And then going wild as the ISU starting line-up is announced.

Always entertaining, too, to see the ISU flag bearer run around the upper concourse of the colesium. There's dedication!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I agree w/Airwalke - pre-game is awesome. Everyone's excited, even the older people and little kids are on their feet and clapping.

The Cyclone Alley shoot-out thing was fun last night - that girl had game!!

I always try to Maverick the "guess where Cy is" apple/basketball game before it even starts. I got one of two right last night.

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
yes, you did angie! nice work guessing where cy was.

another favorite of mine are the cheerleaders that lead the team out at the beginning of the game and after the half that carry those flags that spelly out CYCLONES. love that they almost piled up at one point. i would guess they trip at some point in the season and someone face plants.

as for cyclone alley--- what was it angie that we thought was wordy? was it the "you can't do that" cheer when someone was fouled?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
as for cyclone alley--- what was it angie that we thought was wordy? was it the "you can't do that" cheer when someone was fouled?

That was it. I like the rhythm, but the vowels are kind of hard to sound out. Does that make sense? I loved the free throw sit-downs last night - they seemed to work better than at the EA Sports game.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Always entertaining, too, to see the ISU flag bearer run around the upper concourse of the colesium. There's dedication!
Yeah, I'm good friends with him. Lived with him last year, actually. It shouldn't come as much surprise to anyone that he is also one of the two "ISU Superfans" that you see leading the student section at football games, not to mention volleyball. They're about as close to celebrities as you can be in college.

What a great thread outside all the typical coversations that take place. You stick the works BREASTS anywhere and all guys eyes light up. Well most?

I am a little confused on the clone cone? I must have missed something there.BREASTS!

This dinner thing sounds great, but who all is really invited? I mentioned something a while back about a Fanatic club.BREASTS! Maybe a bit much, but I think a lot of us would get a lot out of it. It seems most of us are around the metro area here, so getting together wouldnt be hard. BREASTS!

Might have to squeeze the game in for the 25th. Do you all have tickets or just buy at the gate? well catch you all later. BREASTS!

Excuse the repetitiveness. Just showing a point.
Do you have any idea whatsoever how hard it was to read your post? I'm serious- my eyes just kept jumping to that wonderful word, completely skipping the stuff in between. I tried to make my eyes read the middle parts, but it honestly was difficult, what with the all-caps and all. :rolleyes5cz:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
That girl was an ISU Volleyball player! :yes4lo:

Seriously??? I had no clue (I'm ashamed to admit that). That was awesome!! I loved the reaction from Cyclone Alley - you guys really get everyone on their feet!

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
So anyone care to share what clone cones are?

And any other info on the game night. Who that involves/invited?

Thanks, I think ornryactor! One last time for just for you. BREASTS!