Chipolte

Kinky F

Apr 24, 2006
There are two Chipotle Restaurants in downtown Denver, I can't eat at either one due to the lines running out the door from 11 to 1 during the week.

They need to open Tokyo Joe's in Iowa...Ames or West Des Moines...

Have you had an Illegal Pete's burrito in downtown Denver? I agree that Chipotle is head and shoulders above QDoba, but I think Illegal Pete's ranks right up there with Chipotle. Both are awesome though.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Have you had an Illegal Pete's burrito in downtown Denver? I agree that Chipotle is head and shoulders above QDoba, but I think Illegal Pete's ranks right up there with Chipotle. Both are awesome though.

Yeah Illegal Pete's is good, so is Wahoo's Fish Tacos...both great places and easily comparable to Chipotle.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I was on a work trip in Atlanta last week, and the guy I was with wanted to drive 20 minutes from our hotel to go a Chipotle's. I'd never been to one, but after going I can say it was worth the drive!

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I didn't know there wasn't a Chipotle in the area there. They are all over Chicago. Great food, but I think Panchero's is just as good if not better.

EDIT: Of course some of that may be due to the fact that they are Chicago managed. Chicago fast foods are often poorly run.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
If you ever get to College Station or Austin try the original

Freebirds World Burrito

Chipoltes pales in comparison to Freebirds.

I used to be a Chipotle disciple...until I went to Texas.

freebirds-2-logo1.jpg

Once you get a Monster from Freebirds (I can only imagine it'd be worse if you got a Super Monster), you look at Chipotle/Flying Burrito and say, "It's kind of cute..."

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We have a Chipolte 3/4 mile down from our house and it is never full in Omaha. The same for one two miles further down th road. They must have a lot of competition. My favorite is still HuHot and Upstream Downstream in the area.

jbing

Dec 27, 2007
Ankeny, IA
www.jeremybingaman.com
First of all, WORD on the Popeye's biscuits. I could eat a pan full of 'em. I might even try one day.

Second, I went to Chipotle for the first time ever today. Had a steak burrito today and it was fantastic. However, it was a touch pricey for me and we had to wait 30 minutes (in the lunch rush). I think Chipotle will be a treat place, rather than an usual "option" for lunch. Good stuff and definitely worth the wait.

Qudoba bites big time. I've been twice and never liked what I had. I wouldn't bat an eye if that place went out.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I am in the dark here, what is Chipolte? Is it a restraunt? or just a food store with different Chipolte sauses??

Edit - I guess post that got entered before me answers question.

I live in KC now and there are Chipotles everywhere and they rock!

Just think similiar to Flyinhg Burrito.... Burritos the size of footballs with all the fixings..... good stuff!!

I figure theyll keep me from having to wait around too many years for a heart attack.

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX
I used to be a Chipotle disciple...until I went to Texas.

freebirds-2-logo1.jpg

Once you get a Monster from Freebirds (I can only imagine it'd be worse if you got a Super Monster), you look at Chipotle/Flying Burrito and say, "It's kind of cute..."

The super monster is the size of a small baby. I've eaten several (Burritos, not small babies).

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
you folks need to go on vacation to southern California, this stuff is pathetic...

If i was in SoCal, I'd want this too much to worry about a burrito:
in_n_out_logo.jpg

Man i could go for a neopolitan shake..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron