Chin Up

cloneswillwin

Sep 27, 2009
West Des Moines
We've all been cyclone fans for a long time.

I was at the game at Cyclone Stadium (Jack Trice Field) when we lost to Drake. There were games that it seemed that no more than 10,000 fans came to the games.

Dan McCarney made us beleive again, and the dissappointment we feel is because he raised our expectations of our program.

Give Rhoads time to get better talent, give him time to teach his kids how to win again.

Beat the Jayhawks, time for something unexpected but good.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm proud of out players. We may not have the 5 star guys but I sure as heck will support the guys that come here. If we can get quality coaches like we have now, I know our system will get set into place for us to succeed.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
I don't know if anybody else noticed but I thought our last drive was fairly impressive with no timeouts.... K State started a qb who we had never seen before and our defense still played pretty well... our offense played ok but obviously missing arob KILLED our running game, with him we win today. Something good has to happen to us soon

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Honestly, win or lose this game, ISU wasn't going to a bowl game either way. Just not enough talent right now. In the end, what does it matter whether the team has 3, 4 or 5 wins? 6+ is all that matters.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Honestly, win or lose this game, ISU wasn't going to a bowl game either way. Just not enough talent right now. In the end, what does it matter whether the team has 3, 4 or 5 wins? 6+ is all that matters.

I think it matters for momentum. I would think that 5 or 6 wins is way different that 3 because that would mean we only won a few non conference games against not very good teams. 6ish wins means we had to beat a few Big 12 teams, something we haven't done in a season for a few years now.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
how can we improve on recruiting? i like our coaching staff and there's some talent on this team no doubt about it. chris lyle is stepping up this year! without him, our d-line is awful. but as far as recruiting, seems like we are going after alot of 1 star jc players. we should be competing against other big 12 teams for recruits but i see alot of competition vs mac and conference usa type teams. how can we get better players? i'd be happy with 10-12 3 star guys every year. some of these lower rated guys do end up being really good though

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
We get better players by having a better record. Its hard enough to recruit to Ames without a losing record. I like what I see to an extent. I think the offense just doesnt understand and AA has lost a little of his mojo. In the first few games he was throwing as hard as he could and missing receivers now he is throwing it in the dirt. He struggles at times but he struggled last year too but nobody seems to remember that. IMO his biggest problem has always been staring down receivers. Is he still doing that? I dont know I havent been able to watch a game and can only listen. Maybe Herman is putting a lot of pressure to keep his eyes moving and it effects his mechanics. He is a fantastic athlete and can overcome this. The question is, will you as a fan give him time to do it. I remember a quote by Joe Namath who said he never really understood the game until he was standing over center and as he looked out it all came together. AA is just this part of the game from being a good quarterback. I never see him as being great but I think he can be real good. He just needs to get over the last hump where everything is automatic and he goes by instinct instead of having so much in his head.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
how can we improve on recruiting? i like our coaching staff and there's some talent on this team no doubt about it. chris lyle is stepping up this year! without him, our d-line is awful. but as far as recruiting, seems like we are going after alot of 1 star jc players. we should be competing against other big 12 teams for recruits but i see alot of competition vs mac and conference usa type teams. how can we get better players? i'd be happy with 10-12 3 star guys every year. some of these lower rated guys do end up being really good though

We have to take into account that CPR was hired in December when geno left for Auburn. It definitely hurts the recruiting

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Definitely can't give up after losing game 1 of the conference schedule, not matter how much that loss hurts.

Kansas will be a difficult game, certainly. Baylor without Griffin is an unknown, but at home is surely winnable. At Nebraska, another toughie. At A&M, hard to say but we should know more by the time the game rolls around. Oklahoma State at home and sandwiched between them playing Texas and Texas Tech is certainly interesting to me. Colorado at home is winnable, Missouri on the road is once again tough but they have Kansas to look forward to the following week.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Apparently you haven't noticed all of the four star juco players were in on? Including Wayne Dorsey, perhaps the top defensive end in the country? :skeptical:

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
We're on the way up, but thanks to cheesedick we couldn't go a whole lot lower. We are fundamentally a lot better team then last year, we already have more wins then last year and I think we are heading up from here but probably not as fast as some would like. It's funny how these post game meltdowns usually come from the same people hyping the team and certain players before the game. It's pretty comical i must say.....

As Rhoads said in the press conference after the game, It was a loss, but it's time to move on. Whether this is a loss or a set back is on our(their) shoulders. Of course that is paraphrased big time.

I'm just happy we have players and coaches who are not as shallow as some of our message board posters.......

cloneswillwin

Sep 27, 2009
West Des Moines
Facts are we won't get the 5 star athletes here, unless they were born into the cyclone family or we get good enough to compete in big time bowls year in and year out.

We have to survive on 3 and 4 star recruits, and we need to get the better ones of these. The big difference between Mac and what I beleive to be Rhoads and a coach like Chizik is that Mac and Rhoads understand they dynamics of being a coach at ISU. You actually have to coach, mentor, teach, and inspire the kids to get better.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa

Yes I think you're correct.