Cheese

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
I've been hooked on the smoked cheddar cheese that they have at Fareway. Probably will get the whole block next time and shove it in my face.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I love all kinds of cheese, but we ALWAYS have a slab of sharp cheddar and another of pepperjack in our fridge, along with a carton of regular or garden AE cottage cheese. Bleu Cheese dressing (Marzetti Ultimate) is also a staple at our house.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Some of my favorites include Swiss Gruyere, Spanish Manchego and Parmigiano Reggiano. Gorgonzola smells like stinky feet but it is a whole different taste. Maytag blue and Cabot cheeses are very good domestics.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
[video=youtube;lGd6dR3ypBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGd6dR3ypBk[/video]

Rutles, Beatles parody: "Cheese and Onions" (Do I have to spell it out? C H E E S E A N D O N I O N S)

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
[video=youtube;29fa0Gj8oww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29fa0Gj8oww[/video]

I tried to find the clip of the I Love Lucy Episode where she attempts to smuggle a wheel of cheese back to America on the plane wrapped up like a baby, but doesn't seem to be on You Tube.

We'll have to settle for Jackie Chiles, whose delivery is priceless - even though I disagree with the legal opinion he has presented...

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Get that processed American/ Velveeta bs OUTTA HERE.

Give me cheddar or give me death. Preferably very sharp.

Pepper Jack is amazing on burgers and sandwiches, colby jack is good for sandwiches as well, provolone is highly versatile and one that I probably use the most, mozzarella usually only goes with pasta for me. Havarti is acceptable.

Btw I have Wisconsin roots.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Get that processed American/ Velveeta bs OUTTA HERE.

Give me cheddar or give me death. Preferably very sharp.

Pepper Jack is amazing on burgers and sandwiches, colby jack is good for sandwiches as well, provolone is highly versatile and one that I probably use the most, mozzarella usually only goes with pasta for me. Havarti is acceptable.

Btw I have Wisconsin roots.

Velveeta is convenient for homemade dips, but it's the worst cost-to-quality s*** of all time.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Any muenster shout outs yet? I'm seeing a lot of love for mozzarella but other than pizza/Italian sandwiches I don't really care for it as much as cheddar, colby, havarti.

AlanStanwyk

Mar 14, 2012
I have become addicted to this "Wisconsin Cheese" from Costco. I don't know what kind it is. Its a hard cheese like parmesan but its better.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
I'm old enough, and of the proper socioeconomic background to remember my parents buying something (from Dahl's on 35th street in Des Moines) that was in a white, Velveta-shaped box that simply said "CHEESE" in black letters. They only bought it once. Ditto the white cans of "BEER." My dad took another second job when it came to that...

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Got a fondue set for our wedding a few years ago. Found a killer cheese fondue. Mozzarella, provolone, and gruyere cheese along with garlic, some white wine, and pesto. Pan fry some chicken breast, bake some homemade bread and some vegetable and you have quite the meal!

Help Support Us

Become a patron