Chants from the band

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I say we cut the band and fill it with super drunk people who are sponsored to show up super drunk and be rowdy

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
The band chants are lame and cheesy, but at least they are making noise. I suppose I'll take the poor effort over none at all.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
People who don't like the band chants should go out and dig a hole. When you are done then fill that hole back up by digging another hole. When you are done with That then fill the hole you just got done digging by digging another hole. When you are done with that...

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I liked that the band started playing Killing In The Name Of this year, bringing the total number of songs I've heard them play about killing police officers up to 2, lifetime.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
People who don't like the band chants should go out and dig a hole. When you are done then fill that hole back up by digging another hole. When you are done with That then fill the hole you just got done digging by digging another hole. When you are done with that...
...help them come up with decent chants?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Someone needs to take a

chill_pill.preview.jpg

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
I always like these threads. It becomes glaringly obvious which people have terrible taste and enjoy/tolerate the garbage also called the band chants.

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
i really dont like them

I was in the pep band & I actually hated all the chants. It felt embarrassing at times. But the other members would heckle you if you didn't participate because it was tradition. I would've preferred to just help the cheerleaders. It's THEIR job to lead chants.

I like the ones where they dont do anything

I hate those chants. They sound like some major nerds.

BAND SUCKS

/thread

This. Some of them are incredibly lame

im pretty sure i heard "my mom still wipes me" for one of the chants

My favorite pep band chant is

Attachments

• shut-up.jpg
    shut-up.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 196

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I once got told by a good friend, who was in the band, that half the people who go to ISU games, football and basketball, were only there to watch/listen to the band.

He was also being serious.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I once got told by a good friend, who was in the band, that half the people who go to ISU games, football and basketball, were only there to watch/listen to the band.

He was also being serious.

If by half, he means none, then, yes, half the people there are there to listen to the band

Tengel7

Dec 3, 2013
Cedar Falls
I enjoy listening to the band.. one of the reasons i sit on the band side in the student section. they just need to realize that their chants on free throws are dumb and immature.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
You are the reason they play the fight song. To motivate you to actually cheer for your team.

My buddy and I are usually the first on our feet when things are going well in our section, even when no one else gets up. I swear vs. OSU they played about 7 songs in one timeout and then didn't have anything else to play, so just played the fight song every timeout for the last 10 minutes of the game.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
I say we cut the band and fill it with super drunk people who are sponsored to show up super drunk and be rowdy

Im willing to volunteer to be part of this group. My credentials are awe-inspiring and my references will surely agree im right for the job

nyclone

Feb 5, 2014
Band is great, if you think nerds are in band then you obviously have zero intelligence. Yes I am a jazz drummer and was in band. I also played basketball and wasn't a dork. The ISU band is the most traditional and inspiring part of many football games....it surely isn't the football team most of the time. It's people like you (several people on this thread) who the athletic department caters to. I.E. When the football team runs out let's not let the band play, they can stand there while we blast 90s hip-hop most of the good white people of Iowa or "butt rock" from the 80s. Oh, and you know what's even more lame than the band????? MF Sweet Caroline. Neil Diamond sucks then, he sucks now and that song is the worst. We don't want to look like a bunch of lame white farm kids from the sticks, but when we win let's sing one of the worst pop songs ever recorded. Leave the band alone, and their chants too!

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Band is great, if you think nerds are in band then you obviously have zero intelligence. Yes I am a jazz drummer and was in band. I also played basketball and wasn't a dork. The ISU band is the most traditional and inspiring part of many football games....it surely isn't the football team most of the time. It's people like you (several people on this thread) who the athletic department caters to. I.E. When the football team runs out let's not let the band play, they can stand there while we blast 90s hip-hop most of the good white people of Iowa or "butt rock" from the 80s. Oh, and you know what's even more lame than the band????? MF Sweet Caroline. Neil Diamond sucks then, he sucks now and that song is the worst. We don't want to look like a bunch of lame white farm kids from the sticks, but when we win let's sing one of the worst pop songs ever recorded. Leave the band alone, and their chants too!

1373064920313.jpg