Central Michigan Dual

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Thanks Judoka missed it today with cattle stuff, getting ready for the "big" storm coming.

I didn't go to the meet or watch it, so I also enjoy getting Judoka's reports and analysis. I get a whole meet in 10 minutes!

CYF5

Dec 15, 2013
Congrats on the HUUUUUGGGGEEE win over a powerhouse.

Dream big!

Coming from someone who has never wrestled! Stick to what you know.

Solid win against a quality opponent. Central Michigan is not great, but has always been an upper 25% program with 5 guys currently ranked in the top 20. We aren't close to competing with the top tier, but for someone who I know doesn't know anything about wrestling to analyze...It's just funny you even comment.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado

Dream big!

I get it, we shouldn't be ecstatic about a win over Central Michigan. I don't think anyone is saying that this is a huge win, but it was much better than we expected given how we had been wrestling.

It just gets old that the only time people want to talk about ISU wrestling is to pile on after losses. I think that was his point.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames

Dream big!

We get it, you'd like us to be top 3 by tomorrow, but it ain't happening.

Gotta enjoy the little things. Or big wins, in Lelund's case. Ottinger was ranked 5th by Flo.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Coming from someone who has never wrestled! Stick to what you know.

Solid win against a quality opponent. Central Michigan is not great, but has always been an upper 25% program with 5 guys currently ranked in the top 20. We aren't close to competing with the top tier, but for someone who I know doesn't know anything about wrestling to analyze...It's just funny you even comment.

Because I never wrestled (other than being undefeated in ISU intrermurals) means I shouldn't talk about it? I wish that were the case during football season in football threads.

And to say I don't know anything about wrestling is BS.

Nothing like throwing out falsities but posting annonymously.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
We get it, you'd like us to be top 3 by tomorrow, but it ain't happening.

Gotta enjoy the little things. Or big wins, in Lelund's case. Ottinger was ranked 5th by Flo.

It has nothing to do with being top three. It does have to do with being competitive against top programs (which we aren't), sorry I am not celebrating beating a school that we should never lose to.

Also, I find it ironic that the some of the same people who support KJ are the same ones who wanted CPR gone. Why is it ok to be substandard in a sport we have been historically good at and it's not ok to be substantandard in a sport we have historically sucked at?

Last edited:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Because I never wrestled (other than being undefeated in ISU intrermurals) means I shouldn't talk about it? I wish that were the case during football season in football threads.

You clearly follow wrestling since you're quick to post when something bad happens. But you're the prime example of a non-troll ISU fan who just drops in when they feel like complaining and not only ignore positives, you downplay them. You're right beating CMU isn't a big deal. Though Lelund's win is since he showed he can convincingly beat an AA caliber wrestler. But losing to Oklahoma State, Iowa, and a full strength VT while we were shorthanded wasn't a big deal either, and you chimed in on those.

As far as whether or not anybody wrestled I couldn't care less and I agree with you it doesn't matter. This is a fan message board, not a former team member message board.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
You clearly follow wrestling since you're quick to post when something bad happens. But you're the prime example of a non-troll ISU fan who just drops in when they feel like complaining and not only ignore positives, you downplay them. You're right beating CMU isn't a big deal. Though Lelund's win is since he showed he can convincingly beat an AA caliber wrestler. But losing to Oklahoma State, Iowa, and a full strength VT while we were shorthanded wasn't a big deal either, and you chimed in on those.

As far as whether or not anybody wrestled I couldn't care less and I agree with you it doesn't matter. This is a fan message board, not a former team member message board.

Yeah that sucks doesn't it? I've had to read the same crap the last threes years on the football boards and it gets old?

I want ISU to succeed in wrestling, all sports for that matter, and anyone who insinuates otherwise doesn't know me at all.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I didn't think this win would turn this thread like this. I only listed the parts that I wished they would have improved in, in the spoon and Marcus mentions I made. With the way spoon took care of business in periods 2 and 3, I just wish he would have attacked a little more in the first period. And Marcus wrestled very well outside of the first 5 seconds and the last minute 20 or so. He did step up with 15-20 to go, but he does need to get in better shape.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
It has nothing to do with being top three. It does have to do with being competitive against top programs (which we aren't), sorry I am not celebrating beating a school that we should never lose to.

Also, I find it ironic that the some of the same people who support KJ are the same ones who wanted CPR gone. Why is it ok to be substandard in a sport we have been historically good at and it's not ok to be substantandard in a sport we have historically sucked at?

Nobody expects you to celebrate anything just don't need to be a massive tool either. Your fly by trolling doesn't really accomplish anything other than make you sound like a 14 year old.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Any win by the program is a good win. I won't let myself get miserable enough to be crabby about victories. Good job by athletes and coaches alike.

CYF5

Dec 15, 2013

What? One match in the lower level of intramurals? That's like someone who never played HS football saying they won the D league intramural flag football title....very funny!

I KNOW you never really wrestled. Getting maybe 2 total minutes of game time in college football is more mediocre that this wrestling team. Take a little look in the mirror.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
What? One match in the lower level of intramurals? That's like someone who never played HS football saying they won the D league intramural flag football title....very funny!

I KNOW you never really wrestled. Getting maybe 2 total minutes of game time in college football is more mediocre that this wrestling team. Take a little look in the mirror.

Glad you thought it was funny because I said it as a joke.

I played a little more than 2 minutes, sorry.

CYF5

Dec 15, 2013

Didn't we just beat VT #5 at the time a couple weeks ago? You are a drive by fan.....don't really care unless you get to ***** about it or make snarky remarks.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Didn't we just beat VT #5 at the time a couple weeks ago? You are a drive by fan.....don't really care unless you get to ***** about it or make snarky remarks.

Yes 3 weeks ago we beat VT after they killed us to start the season (good win). But since the VT win (and I admit it was a good win) we have lost to the only 3 good teams we faced (OU and OSU destroyed us, we weren't even competitive).

And no I am not a drive by fan, and obviously you do care since you keep replying.

CYF5

Dec 15, 2013
Glad you thought it was funny because I said it as a joke.

I played a little more than 2 minutes, sorry.

I did find it funny.....But not as funny as you sending me a PM explaining you know wrestling so well because your friends in the dorm taught you!

Those guys are sacrificing a lot for a non-revenue sport. Injuries, weight-cutting, etc. Half of the line-up on Sunday basically started out as walk-ons or minimal money. They went out, and had a pretty dominant win against a solid program. Most ACTUAL fans who regularly watch, have season tickets, etc. want this program to improve over where it is now...And expect better results from KJ. I guess I will never understand how bashing these guys who are working their tails off (in a snarky sarcastic way after they won nonetheless) on a message board accomplishes anything other than making you look like a tool.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron