CCL Tonight

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
51 pts is great.

Stats show Hogue being 14/14 inside the arc, 0/2 outside. I'd like to see a little higher eFG% by making a few of those 3s...

Was SDW getting to the basket for his 51 points? Or was he just raining long shots? Or both? He certainly can light up CCL! And he has made great strides from his first year in CCL. Now that he is stronger, I can't wait to see him bring it to Hilton.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Where are the guys from last season who recorded large portions of whole games?

I have a handful of clips I'll try to put together. It's really a lot of sloppy play with some nice plays sprinkled.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Tonight's thoughts---

1. Naz didn't play. Sounds like a small groin injury. He's so cute sitting on the bench with his team.

2. Custer really shot 3's well. The other parts of his game suffered a bit (not surprising for a freshman). On Sunday, he played the team that Matt and Monte are on (and neither one was there), so they over powered that team. Today, he had a little scrappy guard guarding him and he had some turnovers and couldn't drive as well. He'll be fine, but he's a freshman.

3. The one thing that impresses me about SDW this year is that I don't notice him. Last year he shot all of the time (and he made a ton of them). This year, I don't notice that he is shooting a lot.

4. Cooke and McKay's team was playing the Monte and Matt team, so you have to take their results with a grain of salt. But Cooke looked really, really good. Obviously we knew he could shoot the 3, but he had some really good passes. He kind of slowed down in the second half. McKay could be amazing.

5. He probably won't see the floor much when Nader and McKay are back, but it was nice to Edozie get some good looks in his game.

6. Georges is Georges is Georges. He looked good on the foot again.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I have a handful of clips I'll try to put together. It's really a lot of sloppy play with some nice plays sprinkled.

Thanks. We appreciate whatever you provide.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Tonight's thoughts---

1. Naz didn't play. Sounds like a small groin injury. He's so cute sitting on the bench with his team.

2. Custer really shot 3's well. The other parts of his game suffered a bit (not surprising for a freshman). On Sunday, he played the team that Matt and Monte are on (and neither one was there), so they over powered that team. Today, he had a little scrappy guard guarding him and he had some turnovers and couldn't drive as well. He'll be fine, but he's a freshman.

3. The one thing that impresses me about SDW this year is that I don't notice him. Last year he shot all of the time (and he made a ton of them). This year, I don't notice that he is shooting a lot.

4. Cooke and McKay's team was playing the Monte and Matt team, so you have to take their results with a grain of salt. But Cooke looked really, really good. Obviously we knew he could shoot the 3, but he had some really good passes. He kind of slowed down in the second half. McKay could be amazing.

5. He probably won't see the floor much when Nader and McKay are back, but it was nice to Edozie get some good looks in his game.

6. Georges is Georges is Georges. He looked good on the foot again.

Love reading your analysis of SDW and Cooke. We are just so loaded with talent.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Who was guarding McKay? I can't imagine it was anything close to what he'll see this season.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If i coached a ccl team i would draft dorsey walker first. Kid can summer ball. We just need him to winter ball also

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
Who was guarding McKay? I can't imagine it was anything close to what he'll see this season.

It's the CCL, I think everyone know to take the state with a grain of salt. McKay is passing the eye test with flying colors. I'll be shocked if he comes off the bench when he become eligible.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
McKay was playing a team with only one big guy - Jordan Stotts - and neither of the Iowa State guys playing - Monte, Matt Thomas. Not surprising he was dunking at will against shorter non-D1 and high school guys.

He told me he was disappointed he didn't get an open court one so he could really put on a show. Loves entertaining the crowd.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
If i coached a ccl team i would draft dorsey walker first. Kid can summer ball. We just need him to winter ball also

Good way to word it. One of the things that isn't often observed in the CCL is defense. Not just the defense played on a guy scoring 51, but how capable a player is in guarding a big12 opponent, individually or team defense. Not so sure that SDW wouldn't score at will vs. similar competition at say the 3/4' position but in major Div. I play he has to play against top notch guards. Regardless, I hope the kid can gradually gain the confidence and put his "CCL game" on to the floor at Hilton some.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron