CCL Tonight

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Amazing that people poo-poo a great player getting in great shape.

To me, that's look out world.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I could be wrong but it looked like Niang came into last season a little lighter than year before and struggled early and by mid season it seemed as though he had put the weight back on and was dominating games. Maybe it's because he was needed so much as our only true post defender that the added weight allowed him to push people around more? Just an observation. But I agree that him losing some weight will be good overall for his game and future.

edit: No I don't have any facts to back up my claim. For some who require facts on this board.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Ridiculously wrong in every aspect. Why don't you put on a 12-pound jacket and see how it affects your ability to walk, run, jump, agility, speed, and endurance? Sheesh.

Weight obviously has a big impact on someone, but this is just a terrible analogy unless you plan on literally putting on 12 pounds at once when you gain weight (which doesn't happen). Your body gets used to these things over time because you carry yourself everywhere everyday, and putting on weight is more gradual than putting on a 12 pound jacket within 5 seconds. I'm not saying that putting on weight doesn't have an impact - of course it does, it has a big impact and it's stupid to think otherwise, but the analogy was just bad. Putting on 12 pounds over a month or two is a lot different than putting on a 12 pound jacket in 5 seconds and trying to all of a sudden run and jump with it.

Anyway, as someone like Georges who works out, losing weight is obviously a very good thing as long as he keeps working out and eating right (which he will). I'll expect him to actually be able to jump a little bit now :)

Last edited:

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
Didn't go to games but check out the pic of Naz on the DSM RAG. The kid looks jacked this year. His arms & calves look much bigger and defined.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Didn't go to games but check out the pic of Naz on the DSM RAG. The kid looks jacked this year. His arms & calves look much bigger and defined.

How can he shoot with those muscles? It will never work.

:jimlad:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

He did look noticeably bigger, which is pretty crazy considering the season ended only 10 weeks ago roughly.

Should help him defensively.

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
Oh for god's sake. He lost 12 pounds. Not 50. He wasn't that slow last year. Georges' weight is one of the bigger dumb topics of conversation on this board.
JSB I respect your opinion and your right to express it........ after all, this is our message board.
I just thought that people might be interested in the varied opinions of people who were at the games. I watch Georges a lot. In my opinion he is a step quicker than last year. He doesn't lope or trot. He runs now.
Is he Ejim quick...? no, but he is quicker getting back to defend, and in my opinion it is a noticeable change in his game over last year.
Just my opinion of course..........
GO CYCLONES

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
I agree on the extra quickness, but I noticed it more on the offensive end.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Headed tonight for the first two games before sand volleyball. Don't get to see niang, but do get Custer and Nader vs SDW and Hogue and Matt and Monte VS McKay and Cooke... If everyone is there.

ken

Dec 28, 2008
Loved watching game 1. Custer has been great. He looks a little tired at end, but probably played harder than anyone. All 4 Cyclones looking pretty good. Capital Ortho holds on for the W, 123-116.