Casey's Fountain Pop...why does it suck?

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
First off, I love Casey's. Their pizza = awesome. But their fountain pop has always sucked in my opinion. (Diet Dew being the main culprit) QT and K&G always have the normal taste but Casey's seems to be watered down or something?

Last night I was driving back from Minnesoda and stopped in at a Superamerica or something like that and grabbed a fountain drink for my gf. When i was filling it up I thought, this looks like a "Casey's" fountain from the equipment. So when I got back in the car I asked my gf how the Diet Dew tasted, not sharing any of that info with her. Her response: "Tastes like Casey's"

So my question, is this an equipment issue? A certain manufacturer that blends it differently? Can the mixes be thinned or thickened to adjust to taste?

Thanks for anyone in the know.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
First off, I love Casey's. Their pizza = awesome. But their fountain pop has always sucked in my opinion. (Diet Dew being the main culprit) QT and K&G always have the normal taste but Casey's seems to be watered down or something?

Last night I was driving back from Minnesoda and stopped in at a Superamerica or something like that and grabbed a fountain drink for my gf. When i was filling it up I thought, this looks like a "Casey's" fountain from the equipment. So when I got back in the car I asked my gf how the Diet Dew tasted, not sharing any of that info with her. Her response: "Tastes like Casey's"

So my question, is this an equipment issue? A certain manufacturer that blends it differently? Can the mixes be thinned or thickened to adjust to taste?

Thanks for anyone in the know.

We've identified the problem!!!

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Casey's fountains suck. Especially when you can get 32 oz plastic for $.79 at QT and Hy Vee, ($.79 foam and $.69 refills), and it's good quality. Then you have K&G if you want the 52 oz for $1.

One way to fix it if you have to go to Casey's and you want diet Dew is to mix half and half with unsweet tea. It's like an Arnold Palmer but much better. It's my drink of choice anywhere I go.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
It could be the settings they have the fountain at. They could be adding more carbonation an less syrup. Or maybe they are not adding enough syrup.

Also, they may no be cleaning the lines enough as others have mentioned. The little nozzle that the soda comes out are easy to clean.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I have never had a problem with Casey's pop, don't drink Diet Dew though. If I do run into quality issues it is usually Sprite and that has happened at a number of gas stations.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Try the Dr. Pepper. Much better.

Dr. Pepper gooooood...Dr. Pepper with real sugar even gooder.

To me, fountain pop always seems to be a roll of the dice. I've resorted to buying bottles and then getting a cup of ice.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The real Mt Dew is just fine at Casey's. I actually think it tastes funny at HyVee gas.

But who cares. Their drinks are there just to wash down that pizza. Their pizza topped with beef is the best food on earth.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I have never had a problem with Casey's pop, don't drink Diet Dew though. If I do run into quality issues it is usually Sprite and that has happened at a number of gas stations.

Nothing like taking a swig of carbonated water with no syrup. I've been tricked a time or two, but am usually down the road before I discover it.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
In addition to mix calibration, water supply/filtration is huge. This why a fountain pop tastes the same at all McDonald's, all Casey's, all Jimmy John's, etc. Franchises tend to use like systems.

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron