Can I take a bota on an airplane?

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
It has the residue of many many different liquors in there. I don't wash it.....the flavor of the pour is built on the booze prior.

So it smells like liquor. TSA going to snatch my tailgating liqour container or will it pass inspection?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Check it or it's in the trash. Of course unless you want to step out of line and call someone to come get it or to mail it to yourself.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Crap like this is why I only fly when there is absolutely no alternative. Going on vacation this summer to a few locations. I'll log about 4,500 miles in the car. Thankfully, I like to drive and the locations are relatively new for me so windshield time is enjoyable.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Crap like this is why I only fly when there is absolutely no alternative. Going on vacation this summer to a few locations. I'll log about 4,500 miles in the car. Thankfully, I like to drive and the locations are relatively new for me so windshield time is enjoyable.

Crap like this is why I only fly commercial when there is absolutely no option.

I am somewhat in the boat with you in that my family NEVER flew anywhere for vacation. If we couldn't get there in a day to day and a half drive we didn't go.

On the other hand I am spoiled being very into aviation and having family with planes now that I use and am working on my license. Private is definitely the way to go if you can afford it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I flew to Lexington Ky. this past weekend for work. I swear that at any time there are 10 TSA employees just standing around watching the others.
Now they want to check your drink prior to boarding ? That's just plain stupid being that you can't bring a drink through security.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Never have problems flying. Ever. Bring a water bottle and fill it up before you get to the gate. Or buy something after you get through security.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Never have problems flying. Ever. Bring a water bottle and fill it up before you get to the gate. Or buy something after you get through security.

They are inspecting after security at the gates.

(I never have problems either but the hassle to not have problems isn't worth it to me.)

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yeah, all the regulations are a huge pain in the ***, but don't lose sight of why they are in place. Each one has been in response to credible threats. The TSA is tasked with keeping us safe - not an easy job.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
If the crackdown is that tough then I'll leave my empty bota behind.....it's a sad day for America.
If you have a bag checked you will have no problems. No way it makes it via carry on though.

Was shooting for carry on only. It's vacation so there won't be any chonies in the bag taking up room.

Trying to get to Chicago, but Milwaukee is cheaper. I'll actually land in Chicago for two hours then fly to Milwaukee. Airline said they will cancel my return flight home if I cut that unneeded Milwaukee flight.

Ahhh.....airline logic

Help Support Us

Become a patron