Camp Notes

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Here's a serious, honest-to-god question, then.....if you expect them to be at mid-season form on the first day of practice...why even practice? Really, think about it...if they can come back after that time off and just hit their routes and hit their targets every time, with perfect accuracy and perfect timing...why would you even practice at all? Just show up for the first game and do the same thing.

That's really what this is if you're sniping about off target or off-timing throws on the first day of practice...you expect them to be sharp right away, but if that was the case, you really wouldn't need to practice.

*edit: It's really going to be a long season if people are ****ing their pants already.
Do you know for a fact this wasn't happening mid-season the last few years though?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Here's a serious, honest-to-god question, then.....if you expect them to be at mid-season form on the first day of practice...why even practice? Really, think about it...if they can come back after that time off and just hit their routes and hit their targets every time, with perfect accuracy and perfect timing...why would you even practice at all? Just show up for the first game and do the same thing.

That's really what this is if you're sniping about off target or off-timing throws on the first day of practice...you expect them to be sharp right away, but if that was the case, you really wouldn't need to practice.

*edit: It's really going to be a long season if people are ****ing their pants already.

That was a serious question? This is Big 12 football, QBs shouldn't come in rusty and unable to throw normal routes.

But I agree no reason to worry on 1 or two passes. Just don't agree that QBs should come in to camp rusty on basic things like throwing the football.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@TommyBirch: Iowa State offensive coordinator Mark Mangino leading the offense. #Cyclones http://t.co/nFsE7JA8OC

BuNHNbNIYAALzXL.jpg

Last edited:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Do you know for a fact this wasn't happening mid-season the last few years though?

Tell you what, I'm just going to do both of us a favor and put you on ignore now so that I don't have to read your already determined conclusions, and you don't have to endure me calling you an over-reacting pants ****er until the actual season starts.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@Trey_Scott3: Status of left knee injury to backup center Ben Loth unknown. Need x-rays, consult with doctors

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Tell you what, I'm just going to do both of us a favor and put you on ignore now so that I don't have to read your already determined conclusions, and you don't have to endure me calling you an over-reacting pants ****er until the actual season starts.
......And I'm the over-reacting pants ****er? Sorry for having an opinion.

Last edited:

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@BobbyLaGesse: No update from Rhoads on Loth injury. Medical staff needs to look at him. Gabe Luna is dealing with a neck injury and is limited right now

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
......And I'm the over-reacting pants ****er? Sorry for having an opinion.

Using a bad pass in camp video from the first practice where you can't even see who the QB is (quite possible it was a freshman walk-on whose heart was beating a mile a minute) to start a rant about how this year is gonna be the same as far as bad QB play goes just seems negative merely for the sake of negativity, IMO.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@Trey_Scott3: What media ban? We just spoke to Allen Lazard, who's trying to work his way up from third on the depth chart

@BobbyLaGesse: Allen Lazard meeting with the media in a Beat Johnston shirt. http://t.co/gaWtGtLG8y

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Using a bad pass in camp video from the first practice where you can't even see who the QB is (quite possible it was a freshman walk-on whose heart was beating a mile a minute) to start a rant about how this year is gonna be the same as far as bad QB play goes just seems negative merely for the sake of negativity, IMO.
Look, my accusation was years of ineptness at QB coming out. Yes, it's only one pass, but good grief we are overdue for a consistent year of quarterback play.

The pass merely brought out my point, I'm not calling it a season because of it.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Re: Less than 48 hours to Camp

Too late for that. I call things like I see them and most don't appreciate honesty around here. Pretty sure I've already been labeled whatever curse word you called me and then some (it's edited obviously)...

Clearly name-calling is the least of my concerns. Just find it funny that ISU is already pulling out the Hawkeye gear in practice #1.

I was careful not to call you that, just stating people might get that impression by you interjecting Iowa into a thread about the first day of ISU's camp... Carry on if you have nothing better to do though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron