Calling all Cyclone Sleuths

Raymeus

Nov 8, 2006
This was spotted by my son today on the campus of Loyola Univ. - Chicago. Any idea why it's there?
IMG_2758.jpeg

Reactions: Cycsk

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
My guess it is used by the bus company for their normal routes when the team is not using it.

I saw a Boston Celtics plane at the Orlando airport in June and thought it was cool, so I researched and found out the airline uses it in their normal routes when the team isn't using it.

Last edited:

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Our Cyclone presence in Chicago is growing. If they turned a CTA bus into once of those, it would become an almost tolerable commute to work.

Reactions: Raymeus

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
My guess it is used by the bus company for there normal routes when the team is not using it.

I saw a Boston Celtics plane at the Orlando airport in June and thought it was cool, so I researched and found out the airline uses it in their normal routes when the team isn't using it.

Could be possible. I know the "Megabus" line I have taken home from here was operated by Winstar (the owner of the bus in the photo). Would be great if this one was put into circulation on that line, considering one of the stops is in IC.

Trigger

Dec 30, 2011
This is exactly correct. During track season, our school would typically rent a bus to haul the team around and they had this bus for probably half our meets. My daughter thought it was awesome to get to ride in the "Cyclone" bus.

My guess it is used by the bus company for their normal routes when the team is not using it.

t.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City

This is correct. I know it was used at the Principal Charity Classic two years ago as well

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado

This. My daughter is on a trip right now with about 400 other students. She was lucky enough to get on the Hawkeye bus. :-(

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Nonsense. After reading the megathread about the fight on Court Avenue someone decided to go see if the pizza was worth the drive.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This was spotted by my son today on the campus of Loyola Univ. - Chicago. Any idea why it's there?
View attachment 56572

Nice photo. Are there any athletic teams competing right now? Maybe off-season wrestling at Northwestern or Loyola? Or a cheerleader competition?

I got a graduate degree from Loyola, so I would have loved to have seen it in person!