Caleb Grill is Returning to Iowa State

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
When Caleb says this, " I can’t wait to be re-united with former teammates and continue to learn and grow as a player..." I think the slates about clear. Are there any former Cyclone 'teammates' of his left? The only one I can name is George Conduit. Anyone else?

Edit: Other than the 3 non-schol players, Boothe, Schuster, Steyer. Shouldn't forget them.

It's just words in a press release, man. Never bother parsing these PR statements for facts. Just telling a story.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I obviously don't see any comparison to sophomore years in the post. Even then, I don't see it.

I don’t think you remember Thomas early years, and that was before they moved the 3pt line.

But a lot of people seem to not comprehend the difference of moving the line made for everyone.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Matt Thomas is in the NBA. I see no comparison at this point. Hope he proves me wrong.
You should probably try looking at them at the same stage of their careers then.

People keep thinking that “comparing” means “equating”. It doesn’t.

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007
Which means what after their sophomore years? Lol take the L kid.
We're obviously in two different camps. Can't take an L when he hasn't stepped foot on campus yet to prove your point of "after their sophomore year". Matt Thomas became an NBA player in the years following his sophomore year. Does Caleb Grill do the same? Maybe. But I don't see the similarities between the two.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
We're obviously in two different camps. Can't take an L when he hasn't stepped foot on campus yet to prove your point of "after their sophomore year". Matt Thomas became an NBA player in the years following his sophomore year. Does Caleb Grill do the same? Maybe. But I don't see the similarities between the two.

No one is saying he’s going to have the career Matty Ice has. They are talking about how similar they are at this stage of their careers. You’re writing Grill off, just like you did Matt Thomas before he became the Matt Thomas you’re thinking of now.

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007
No one is saying he’s going to have the career Matty Ice has. They are talking about how similar they are at this stage of their careers. You’re writing Grill off, just like you did Matt Thomas before he became the Matt Thomas you’re thinking of now.
Show me where I wrote either one of them off. I'm just not seeing the comparison. Stanz wrote that Grill would likely come off of the bench next season as a junior. My memory may be incorrect, but I don't think Thomas was coming off the bench his junior year.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
TJ is going to struggle dividing up minutes between all these guys.

A welcomed problem. Maybe with 1 or 2 more, we'll be able to have quality practices to start the season and throughout.

But speaking of that, does anyone think someone from last year's team will transfer out yet (no names please) knowing we picked up Gabe, Tyrese, and Caleb today? Hopefully not. Just because we would hope they are willing to compete like heck for those minutes you spoke of.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Show me where I wrote either one of them off. I'm just not seeing the comparison. Stanz wrote that Grill would likely come off of the bench next season as a junior. My memory may be incorrect, but I don't think Thomas was coming off the bench his junior year.
Super Sophomore year

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Some people have ****** memories. They don’t even remember wanting Thomas gone and saying how bad he was. They just remember them as they are now.

Thomas really struggled shooting in some games his freshman and sophomore seasons, but his defense was not all that great either. As I recall he played on a team that only played zone in HS. Chances are that he will never be as good as Thomas, but we can hope so.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Your memory is incorrect. Matt didn't start as a sophomore and didn't his junior year til Naz shut it down for the season.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
bbq-funny-gif-01-girl-hot-lead-part1-88a.gif

You heard the man, fire it up!
I like her enthusiasm as she approaches the grill.